"So if we don't, that's it, huh?" Corey questions. Hunter furrows his brows but didn't question anything.

"We don't know what's waiting for us."

"It's gonna be okay. We have walls for a reason," David says.

"That sound. Maybe someone plowed right through. Maybe we're walking back to nothing."

"Okay, we don't have time to talk like this okay? My family is back there, my friends, and they know how to fight," Hunter says growing a bit annoyed by the negativity, "So, if something is happening back home it's being dealt with."

"We're moving in the same direction everything else is. We're gonna catch up with something," Scott says.

"We're gonna catch up with a lot of things and we're gonna end them," Michonne responds, "We have no choice. We gotta keep moving forward."

Hunter just needed to get back home as soon as possible. The woman he loves is back there. His nephew and his niece and the rest of his family are back there. He hasn't even got the chance to tell Rosita he loves her and if he gets back home and she's dead he's not gonna know what to do.

Hunter walked ahead of the group as he heard the snarls, he didn't have any time to play any games. Glenn, Michonne, Hunter, and Corey ran at the walkers. All of them take down one before going for the rest of them. He was praying none of them decided to use a gun, they didn't need to draw in anymore.

But he heard gunshots, he clenched his jaw and stabbed the walker in the head before turning towards the gunshots and he saw Sturgess running away, "Sturgess!" The kid was already gone and Hunter wasn't going to run after him.

Once all the walkers were dead, Hunter noticed that Scott was shot in the leg by one of the stray bullets Sturgess fired. Out of nowhere a walker came up behind David and bit him in the shoulder. Hunter ran over and jammed his knife into the walker's head. Hunter checked the wound on David's shoulder and grimaces at the blood pouring out.

"I know what it means," David says as he looks around the people that are still left standing, "We gotta keep moving, right?"

____

They made their way out of the woods and back onto the road. They had two injured people, one person who ran off, and another was bit. Rick was right not all of them were going to make it back alive.

They found an abandoned town. Hunter didn't know how they ended up here. He's never seen this place before. But there were cars everywhere and he was hoping one of them would work.

"We check the cars first, see if any can get us back home," Hunter tells them.

"I'll stay with them," David says.

Hunter, Glenn, and Michonne walked over to one of the cars while Corey and Nicholas took another. Hunter opened the door to check for walkers but it was empty he shut the door as Glenn started talking.

"Listen, I need to get home, but I'm not leaving them behind. We patch Scott up, we get going."

"Rick knows what he knows. We're ahead of the herd. Maybe half an hour now," Michonne whispers, "We can stop. We can make it."

"I'm hoping we can patch him up fast, because I also need to make it home," Hunter says before walking to another car. But no matter how many cars he checked none of them were good. And since Nicholas knows this place he was going to lead them back.

They found Sturgess's hat but when they followed the trail they saw walkers feeding on him. And Hunter could only assume that it was the walkers from the herd. And if the walkers were from the herd then they were screwed. They ran from Sturgess's body but stopped.