xlv.

"Try it again."

Hunter stopped behind Glenn and pulled out the walkie, "Tobin, it's not stopping. Light it up. You hear me? Tobin."

Walkers were coming down from the hill ahead of them, "Michonne," Rick motioned to them.

Michonne ran up and cut the heads off their bodies and they continued to run up the hills toward their home. That horn is still blaring and it's causing them a lot of problems.

"Hunter!"

Hunter lifted the walkie to his mouth but he didn't stop running, "I'm here. Talk to me."

"What's going on back there?"

"Half of them broke off. They're going toward Alexandria."

"Towards you?" Abraham's voice came through the walkie.

"We ran ahead. There's a horn or something. Loud, coming from the east," Hunter ducked underneath the tree before he picked up his pace, "It's not stopping."

"I'm gonna gas it up, turn back."

"No, we have it. You keep going."

"They're gonna need our help."

"Gotta keep the herd moving."

"Not if it's going down, we don't."

"The rest of that herd turns around, the bad back there gets worse. Daryl?"

"Yeah, I heard you."

Hunter followed Glenn through the woods. They needed to control this and they needed to get back to Alexandria without the walkers following behind them. Glenn stopped but Hunter kept moving, his family was back in Alexandria. And that horn wasn't stopping.

Rick stopped them in a clearing and they waited for the rest of them to catch up. Rick and Hunter had come up with a new plan and Rick were ready to explain it, "All right, listen up. Here's the new plan. I go back, get the Rv, and circle around the woods on Redding. I'll get in front of them before they get there. I can lead them away again."

"RV's a mile back. I can go with you."

"I'll handle it. Just get home. They might need you there. Glenn, Michonne, Hunter," Rick motions for them to follow him and they did, "If something's in front of you, you kill it. No hiding, no waiting. You keep going."

"I'm going with you," Glenn states, "You can't do this on your own."

"Glenn, I can do this."

"You need to help us," Michonne says, "We've got to get these people back."

"Yeah. Thing is, they aren't all gonna make it," Rick whispers, "You try to save them, you try, but they can't keep up, you keep going. You have to. You make sure you get back."

Screaming broke up their conversation. They turn their head and ran back over to their group and a walker was feeding on one of their people. Rick was first to get there, his hands wrapped around the walker and pulled it off the guy. Michonne stabbed the walker in the head before she stabbed the guy in the head.

"The horn stopped. Good," Rick says as he collects the weapons off of the guy that was bit, "Get back safe."

_____

"We're ahead of it. 10 minutes," Glenn tells them as they walked through the woods to get back to Alexandria, "20 minutes, maybe."

"We just need to keep ahead and pick up the pace and we all get back home," Hunter says as he leads the group with Michonne.