Chapter 8 - Back to ZPD

In the rainforest district (WARNING: Blood, Violence, losing flesh, wounds)

As Brianna and Monchez were fighting, Monchez clawed Brianna badly at her ear and shoulder tearing some of her flesh from her ear straight off and the rain made the blood from her ear pour right down her neck and she became tired with exhaustion but she wouldn't give up fighting to protect Nick and Judy. They all ended up at a bridge but Brianna ended up losing her grip on Monchez and he went straight for Judy since she was closer due to the rain making the bridge slippery so she hung on the edge so then Monchez turned his attention to Nick "get in" he said but as he turned to Judy she wasn't there but hanging on the ledge "go!" she shouted as Monchez approached him "buddy.. one predator to another-" he began but Monchez pounced at him but Judy saved him by attaching him to the pole with her handcuffs so Nick tried to sneak past them but he pounced back at Nick making them fall back but Brianna caught them as they fell onto a vine swinging "carrots! Whatever you do! Don't let go!" Nick tried to convince but Judy had a plan "I'm going to let go!" she shouted "what?!" Nick and Brianna questioned rapidly "3... 2... 1" she let go of the vine and they all landed on other vines and looked up at Monchez who roared for them still wanting to kill them "carrots... you saved my life" Nick said "well that's what we do at the ZPD-" Judy was interrupted by the vines snapping making them fall but the vines trapped Nick and Judy whilst Brianna accidently used her bad arm to hand on to a vine that eventually broke a few seconds after almost hitting the ground so when it snapped she lay on the floor on her front side getting wet from the rain as police car lights flashed her in the eyes. Chief Bogo approached them but stood in front of Brianna "well this should be good" he said as he stared frustrated at Brianna as her good ear pinned back and her neck lowered look quite scared knowing she was in trouble.

"I thought this was a missing mammal case but it's way bigger. Mr Otterton, didn't just disappear, I believe he and this Jaguar they... they went savage sir." Judy began telling him "Savage? This isn't the stone age, Hopps. Animals don't 'go' savage" Chief Bogo corrected her "I thought so too, until I saw this" she pulled down the bush only to see an empty bridge "what..?! he was right here!" Judy said "the savage Jaguar?" the chief asked "sir I know what I saw! He almost killed us" Judy tried to convince "or any predator is savage to you rabbits" Chief Bogo snarked "Let's go!" he ordered "wait! Sir I wasn't the only one who saw him... Nick" she whispered for Nick to come forward "you think I would believe a fox?" Chief Bogo scoffed "well he and Brie was a key witness and-" she said "TWO days to find the otter or you quit.. that was the deal. Badge!" he ordered but Judy hesitated "but sir we-" she attempted to speak "Badge!" Chief Bogo repeated so Judy slowly started to take off his badge "uh no" Nicks voice "what did you say, fox?" Chief Bogo asked him angrily "sorry. What I said was "no" she will not be giving you that badge" Nick said making the chief snort "look you gave her a clown vest and 2 days to crack a case but you guys haven't cracked in 2 weeks? Yeah no wonder why she had to get help from a fox and a lioness. None of you guys were gonna help her, were you?" Nick asked but refused to let the chief speak "here's a thing chief: you gave her the 48 hours so practically we still have.. 10 left to find our missing otter and that's exactly what we're going to do so if you'll excuse us, we have a very big lead to follow and a case to crack. Good day!" He said as he walked towards the lifts. Judy looked at chief Bogo but she pointed towards Nick and went to follow him but Brianna started to approach and walked past Chief Bogo as she watched Nick and Judy leave in the lift back to Zootopia but Chief Bogo grabbed her arm gently and pulled her back to the cars and on the way back to Zootopia she was mostly quiet as she looked out the window, Chief Bogo looked at her and his emotion change from frustrated and grumpy to surprisingly caring and concerned as Brianna tried to hide her frightened and misery from him.