† Chapter one † | † Nevermore Academy †

† † † †

† NANCY REAGAN HIGH SCHOOL †

Nancy Reagan High School was the latest place three of the four Addams family children were sent to. The clacking of heels and classic boots against the hallway floors contrasting the squeaking sneakers of others. People easily move and make room parting like an ocean to make a gap in the middle to allow the twins to pass through.

Wednesday wearing her usual hairstyle, her raven hair in two braids and fringe, with a black dress covered in white X's and a white collar. Black tights and black glossy classic heeled boots. Grey having the same raven hair with a fuller fringe, wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with a black t-shirt on top with a fake white collar sewn into it, paired with black pants and black combat boots. The two contrast in blacks and whites compared to other high schoolers around.

'We were not sure whose twisted idea it was to put hundreds of adolescents in underfunded schools, run by people whose dreams were crushed years ago but we admire the sadism.'

The twins continued walking to their intended destination ignoring the school bell ringing indicating school was starting. Instead they both stood in front of a graffitied locker, sharing a brief glance before Wednesday opened the locker. The twins coming face to face with their younger sibling, Pugsley tied up with an apple lodged into his mouth preventing him from calling out for help.

Wednesday side-stepping Pugsley as the boy falls out of the locker, Grey's hand grabbing a part of the ropes so their younger sibling landing to the floor wouldn't hurt as bad and prevent him from getting another bruise who knows where. The two kneeling down next to him on the floor as Wednesday takes the apple out of his mouth.

"I want names." Wednesday demanded, her tone left no room to argue with her.

"I don't know who they were, honest. It happened so fast." Pugsley managed to get out through wobbly lips.

"Pugsley, emotion equals weakness. Pull yourself together, now." Wednesday once again demanded as Pugsley held back a whimper listening to his older sister. Grey started to untie their little brother while his sister spoke.

Wednesday goes to help by untying a different section but her body jerks up when her fingers meet the rope, freezing up. Grey reacted fast grabbing onto her so she wouldn't fall backwards knowing very well his twin sister was having a vision again, he knew about her abilities and she knew about his.

Wednesday, seeing clearly who has been bullying their younger brother, seeing exactly what had happened before coming back from the vision, Grey letting go of her to undo the rest of the ropes around Pugsley knowing she'd tell him what she'd seen when they weren't around their brother. The two had decided not to tell their family about their recently new found abilities.

"You okay?" Pugsley asked Wednesday worriedly, confused by her weird behaviour.

'I'm not ready to confess to my younger brother that I've recently been plagued by visions. Or much less Grey's new ability. The visions come on without warning, and feel like electroshock therapy, but without the satisfying afterburner.'

Grey already knew by the look on his sister's face that she had seen the students who'd bullied Pugsley and how she was already plotting. He moved his hand to ruffle Pugsley's hair, messing it up a bit, finished with the ropes.

"Leave this to us." Grey promised Pugsley knowing Wednesday already had a plan in her head on what they'd be doing to those bullies. The two get up to leave.

"Wednesday? Grey? What are you going to do?" Pugsley asked unsurely, still laying down on the hallway floor.

"What we do best." Wednesday responded with the faintest smirk on her lips, the same on Grey's before they left Pugsley to wonder what they were up to.