Chapter 3

Astrid was standing mostly off to the side of the room, per Elijah and Klaus request per usual. Be seen but don't draw attention. She was looking for Kol and the witch he brought, she knew there was no romantic interest but if he was bringing her to a family party she must be something. Looking around the room deck out with decorations, filled with plenty of people but no Kol. She saw Rebekah not to far and started to walk up to her and before she can even ask.

"No I have not seen our brother yet" she told her with an almost annoyed face looking at the room "but I will help you look" she turned to her with a little smile. Astrid nods "your stay down here I'll check upstairs" she gave and walked towards the stairs.

She continued to watch the room in search for her brother but instead found another man trying to flirt with a woman, a women who was clearly not interested. He knew she had said no but he didn't really care, until she tried to walk away and he grabbed her arm. Astrid knew what her brothers asked of her but she couldn't not do anything she like the rest of her family hated people like him. She started walking over to the two and got out her fan thankfully only having to wait a few moments until he saw her. A few fan movements and he let the other women go and started walking Astrid outside.

" we'll don't you look delicious" he said to her looking her up and down starting to circle her like she was the prey, as she thought wish I could say the same. "I think I know you, your one of the Mikaelson sisters right" she gave a short nod to him. "Ah yes your the one they call the silent one" he was behind her with her back to his chest, he leaned down a bit and whispered into her ear" I bet I could make you speak, I bet I could make you scream"

"Oh god does he actually think this would work on a women" she thought, that and a lot of "ew". she turned around and started slowly running her hands up his chest until it was on the cuff of his jacket. "Don't scream" she compelled him and she pulled down and bitt down on his neck and started drinking his blood. She drank until he started started going limp in her arms "what do you think is a piece of scum like you worth keeping alive" she spoke quietly, wide eyed as if she was asking a child. She saw the fear in his eyes still knowing he would be to weak from the blood loss to speak, smiled gently with soft eyes " I'll take your silence as a no" and finish him off with out a second thought.

On her way back to the party she simply completely one of there staff to take care of the body. Back into the party just as bright and shiny as it was before, her brother Klaus walked up and stood next to her.

"Hello little sister" he had one of those half smile half smirk faces on. She raised an eyebrow to him as to ask, what. He reached out to her neck with a pointed finger "You still have some of your last meal on you" he scoped the little bit of blood on put it in his mouth " you normally never get messy, I assume who ever he was it was well worth it" he asked with a bit of proud smirk.

She gave back a hall smile half smirk of her own as to say of course it was.

"Come the family is gathering on the stairs, I wish to make a toast" he held out his hand for her, she took it as the walked over she couldn't help the feeling of slight dread. If klaus wanted to make a toast with the whole family there's almost no way it can end well.

She looked over to finally see her brother standing with another very pretty girl with lovely blond hair pinned up, a light blue dress and a kind and nervous smile on her face.

They all stood on the stairs as our photo was taken, Astrid next to her twin, Nik starting clinking his glass to get our attention.
"As you know when the Mikaelson arrived in Louisiana we brought with us the tradition of holiday bonfire season, now we invite you chosen few to join us in our family's old tradition of writing wishes for each other and burning them for luck. The holidays are a time for celebrating family and friends" Astrid looked at her Kol with a smile, this wasn't as bad as she thought. "It is especially gratifying in times when treachery runs deep to know you have someone you can trust" the smile dropped from her face 'spoke to soon' she thought " a toast" Klaus raised his glass "to you my sister, to Rebekah"