Adrian
I open my mouth again and then close it, a lump forming in my throat, I didn't want this to happen, telling her about my childhood because I was obligated to, not because I wanted to, but fuck it I can't lose her to this.

"When I was a child, around nine years old, my mother wasn't very loving—she made it obvious that she didn't want to have me, she hated what I did to her body, to her appearance, how I ruined her life, because she couldn't get enough men to fuck her the same anymore, it was a terrible thing to say to her son, but I got used to it." I start, a bitter laugh spilling out of me and Layla's expression softens, tears form in her gorgeous eyes, and my heart clenches.

I'd rather have her mad at me over than this, "one day, she wanted to punish me, so her definition of punishment was throwing me in a room with four grown-ass women for days, so they can make me a man, I was nine years old." I say, my words ending in a broken whisper as pain forms in my chest, the pain I learnt to endure deep inside my bones, but not today.

Layla's lips part and tears fall down her cheeks, probably knowing the turn this story is taking, "oh Adrian." She whispers softly and walks towards me, resting her cheek on my shoulder, as she hugs me, I pull her tighter, harsh breaths spilling from my mouth, I drown in her warm scent,

When we pull back, I wipe away her tears, ignoring the way my muscles tense, "I'm not finished." I whisper and she nods, letting me continue, "I thought it'd just happen once, taking my virginity so my mom would think that I'm a man right now, but it didn't, it continued to happen for over a year, it killed me, Layla, I was no longer a kid who was excited to play with his friends the next day, I was a kid who kept thinking about how to stop their hands from traveling down my body." I whisper.

"But then a year later, my father finally showed up in our lives, he decided that he'd take me and Damien, makes us stronger, so if his enemies came after us later, we'd be able to push them back," I say and her muscles lock, I caress her back as I continue.

"Damien stayed for a month and then left, but I didn't, I stayed till he died, because I couldn't go back to mother, he taught us how to shoot with a gun, kill with our bare hands, and even with a sniper, he taught me everything, and as much as I'd admit that he was a dangerous man, I loved him," I say and she looks up, her eyes red, but a small smile spreads on her lips causing my tense muscles to relax.

"But then one day, I was held captive by the Italian mafia, I'd been seventeen by then, and they locked me, and threw me in a torture chamber," I say and shivers run down her spine, she's scared, I recognize the fear in her eyes, I just hope it's not from me.

"What did they do?" She whispers, I straighten my spine and speak, "I got the scars across my back from them, I don't remember much, but it was fucking painful," I say smiling a little, "it's not funny." She says, her brows furrowed.

"No it's not." I continue, "that's not the point at the moment, its a long story, I'm sorry I got distracted." I grimace, and she swallows hard, her throat bobbing at the action, "after that, whenever someone talked about any of those moments in my life, especially the first one, I'd go into a catatonic state, I'd just keep staring at nothing for minutes, my mind being trapped in the memories, I'd talked to my therapist about it before and there isn't much I can do about it, it's fucking pathetic." I say and I feel Layla interlocking her hand in mine.

I immediately tighten our hold and she smiles, "when I met you, I think it was obvious that I liked you Layla, and you did too, but then one day I woke up and found out that my brother, who you hadn't known for more than two months became your boyfriend, I fucking lost it." I say and she stills,

I don't stop this time, "I needed a goddamn distraction to get you out of my mind, I went back to the motorcycle races again, thinking that will keep my mind away from you, then I tried to focus on the company's business more and even skip some of the gatherings because seeing you with him made it worse, but then I thought that having a girlfriend, or something like that would be a good distraction." I say and run a hand through my hair, her lips are parted in surprise, and I'm not blaming her.

"Don't feel bad, she was using me to get over her ex too, or maybe that's what she convinced me with, because when nothing worked I told her to end this, but it became a fucking obsession, she followed me everywhere, I had to increase the guards around the company because she'd jump in from time to time, then when my dear mother came back, Grace decided that it'd be a good idea to take an advice from her," I say and Layla sucks in a breath.

"My mother told her about what she used to do, and in the event, she came and whispered those words right into my ears, and it felt like time had gone back and that I'm trapped in that room, helpless and can't stop them, I was trapped in my own mind, until my eyes landed on yours." I let out a breath and Layla sits up, fidgeting with her hands, as she looks up at me,

"I saw the way you looked at me Layla like you couldn't believe what you were seeing because I couldn't either, and then you left, not giving me a chance to talk to you, I understood your reaction but it felt like you went over my heart with your heels," I say, it's an understatement, I've never felt like I'd been this desperate until I was chasing after her, praying that she hadn't left.

Ezekiel will probably lose his hands today for driving her away, "I'm sorry." She whispers and kisses me, her hands gripping my hair, and pushing me towards her, I groan as she shoves her tongue, her intoxicating smell filling my nostrils.

When I pull back I caress her cheek, placing a kiss there, "don't be, I was just scared to lose you, Layla." I whisper and she sucks in a breath, "you're so strong, Adrian." She says suddenly, her voice soft and sincere, I smile a little, knowing the truth is far from that,

"I'm not lying, don't look at me like that, I don't understand—how someone can go through all that and still stand stronger than before." She says, her eyes roaming all over my face, as she leans in and whispers right on my mouth, "I'm so proud of you," I grab her neck and slam her mouth on mine again, knowing for a fact that I'm in love with this woman.

I'm keeping her whether she likes it or not.

A vote is really appreciated 🫶