03.

Chapter three | Layla
I agreed to move in with Damien, and I'm beginning to regret that decision, the driver parks in their garage, I haven't been at Damien's house that much before, normally he's at mine, cause it's emptier, and well no one can interrupt us, and I'm sure he knew that I came from a rich family, so he didn't try to impress me that much with his money, although I still am impressed.

Their house is a fucking palace if you say the least, it's beautiful and huge, I know it'll take me time to become used to it, I open the car's door and get out, "welcome home, babe." Damien says and I smile at him, he takes my hand and kisses it as we walk towards the gate, two guards greet us, they're bulky and tall, "Mr.knight." They both nod to him, but he doesn't bother greeting them as we get inside, which I find disrespectful but maybe that's how they're used to each other.

As soon as we step inside, a maid appears in front of us, she has black hair that's tied in a bun, and she's wearing a genuine smile on her face which makes me smile back, "hi miss." She welcomes me after Damien of course, I smile "hi." I say and shake her hand, Damien guides me through the place, it's huge, I'm sure I'll get lost here, at least once.

After he leads me to the room, he stands up and walks towards me, he brushes a strand of my hair behind my ears and stares at my lips for a beat before leaning closer but I turn away, his brows furrow, "what's wrong?" He asks his lips twitching, "nothing I'm just...tired." I say and he raises his brow, "well a kiss wouldn't have needed that effort but fine." He says his voice carrying an edge that I don't like.

He turns around and stalks out of the room before I can protest and I silently pray that he won't come back in a while, it's not that I hate him I swear, it's just...things haven't been the same anymore, or maybe I'm just starting to notice his behavior lately? I really don't get it, but I wasn't lying when I told him that I'm tired, I drop on the soft mattress, and the moment my head meets the pillow, sleep wins over me.

✿ ✿ ✿

"I can't talk to you right now, she's gonna wake up." My footsteps pause as the familiar voice hits my ears, it's Damien, and who the fuck is he talking to? I walk towards him, "hey babe." He says dropping the phone from his ears slowly, I stare at him for a beat, "hey." I reply, smiling at him, I'm not stupid to ask him about what I just heard.

"Come here." He motions for me and I drop my hand from the door's handle and start walking towards him, he pulls me by the waist, his hair wet, he probably took a shower while I was asleep, "I'm gonna stay out tonight, do you need anything?" He asks my stomach drops, but I don't protest, I nod and put on a smile, "no thanks." I reply and he smiles back.

He eventually gets up and leaves me all alone in the living room, curiosity gets the best of me as I start walking upstairs, they're long stairs, so long I think my legs will give out, but thankfully I make it up here, the first thing I'm met with is a dark room, the door is already open so I carefully walk in, the room is so dark I barely make out where the light is, the walls are black and there is a master bed, my breath hitches when I notice the familiar books on the shelf, they're Adrian's, holy shit, I'm in his room.

I turn around making sure no one is here as I stride towards the bed, well I don't want to make myself look like a thief or something, I slowly scan the room, there are rings scattered on the commode, a pack of cigarettes, and then there's his motorcycle helmet beside them on the floor, I've always been fascinated by it, not that I'll ever admit that to him, his ego doesn't need any more attention, the room's style is the opposite of Damien's.

It's all black here, which actually makes it look fancier, Damien's is mint green and always bright, I stand up and slowly exit the room, making sure no one noticed me in here, I walk towards the next room and turn out it's actually a library, I open the door, and my lips part when I see the view in front of me, there are definitely hundreds of books here if not thousands, there are more than a couple of shelves here, I carefully walk inside, and I gasp when I see someone sitting on the floor, my shock widens when I realize who it's, Adrian.

Fuck, of course, he'd be here, a smirk pulls at the corner of his lips as he continues reading, carefully flipping the page, not bothering to even look up, not that I want him to, his eye contact is enough for me to leave, it's almost as if he reads my mind because he slowly looks up, his black eyes meeting mine, Adrian's features are way sharper than his brother, sharp cheekbones and jaw, full lips, dark eyes, thick lashes, and as much as I'd like to not admit that, but Adrian knight is so fucking handsome, and it's in a dangerous way.

He raises a brow and cocks his head a little, "didn't know that you read, darling." He says, the British accent thick in his voice, I stand tall, acting like I'm all confident and not affected by his existence here, "I don't." I reply and he carefully closes the book and put it down as he stands up, his height eating up my space, while most people are my height or even shorter, Adrian exceeds that with a lot of inches, he's taller than his brother, way taller.

He stares down at me and I try to turn away not liking the way my heartbeats aren't even at a normal rhythm anymore, two rough fingers on my chin pulls me back, his eyes darkening even more if that's possible, "you don't get to run away." He says and I swallow the knot forming in my throat, "I'm not running away." I say and the lie comes out so easily as if I'm used to it.

"Then what are you doing, Layla?" He asks, his voice lower, the sound of my name coming from his lips not helping my nervousness, I don't know whatI'm doing Adrian, trust me I don't fucking know, "nothing." I reply and one minute he stays staring at me, the second he pushes me back into the shelves, my back hitting the wood, as a couple of books fall, I gasp as I stare at him, he places a hand beside my head, and lowers his, as he's in the same level as my ears, "Welcome to hell, my love." He whispers and my breath comes out strangled as he lets go of me, I hear the door closing behind him, but my body stays still, and I run a hand through my hair, thinking about the mess I just got myself into.

A vote is really appreciated 🫶🫶