Chapter 1

Not my art!
__________________

It was a windy day, Steve had just got home from the graduation of 1986. It wasn't exactly anything happy, it was more of an hollow feeling. It was empty, everyone was still affected by what happened in march.

The hollowness wouldn't let go, even if most people don't exactly know what happened. They were still affected by it.

Most people also moved to the neighbouring city, since most of Hawkins were destroyed under the attack of Vecna. Steve was just that lucky, that he lived in the part of Hawkins that went affected at all. His house were still standing, and were still as hollow as ever. It was still empty and cold, but that were no different from the earlier years though.

The graduation also happened in the neighbouring city. The thought of graduation, and the people who didn't have that chance.

Made an overwhelming feeling, and his mind was killing him, not the way it did the first time his parents didn't bother coming home for Christmas, or second and third.

It weren't a lonely feeling either. But more of guilt, it was like a heavy blanket of guilt, a constant reminder that it was probably his fault that everything went down hill, that Eddie and Max didn't make it.

If he actually had been useful, it would probably have been better if he died you know.

Maybe Max would have made it and Eddie would still be here. Everyone would still be happy and he would, well he would be gone. But if everyone were happy, Steve would surly be gone just to make that happen.

Steve slides down the cold wooden door, until he hits the hard stone floor in the entrance of his house.

A sob broke the silence of the house, everything was just too overwhelming sometimes, Dustin had looked himself in his room for weeks, when Eddie died, he just staring actually going out of his house. They barely spoke anymore, none of the kids had visited after the accident, Lucas and El spent most of their time in the hospital, until Max was declared dead. He don't know what happened after that, they never bothered reaching out after Maxes death.

Nancy just buried her self in work and study's. Robin probably didn't the same, it was actually really unexpected that robin stopped talking to him. But Robin probably knew Eddie better than Steve, so maybe she just needs a break from everything that reminds her of the upside down. And he is the main reason that Robin got mixed in all of this mess, so it makes a bit sense that she doesn't talk to him anymore.

Maybe when she has processed everything, then she would reach out. But that was just the little hope that Steve had left. She, Nancy and the kids would or did leave, just like his parents.

He likes to believe that his parents has a lot of work and that's why they barely bother coming home, but deep down he knows that, that is a lie. His parents don't want anything to do with him, he is just a big failure and a disappointment. It's like his parents knew from an early age that he would turn out like this.

He got off the cold floor, and wandered upstairs, to his room. His bed was a pure mess and his room had seen better days. Eddies guitar were hanging on the wall, still untouched from the day he put it there. He doesn't know if it helps having the guitar there or not. But he likes to believe that Eddie one day will come and pick it up.

He walked towards his closet, a loud screeching noise was made when he opened the doors. Then he sat down on the floor and started talking out clothes, until he was met by his bright blue graduation cape and cap.

School were a sore theme for him, it didn't exactly bring happy memories back.

He swallowed thickly, the cap felt heavy in his hand as he was walking down stairs. Like it was holding an overwhelming amount of weight. He was really close to not graduate, but he barely passed. Steve really feels like he didn't deserve to graduate that year, but at the same time. He would probably not survive another year in high school.

He picked up his car keys and walked out the door. The engine were still warm, from the recent use of it. And then he drove, he drove to the overly familiar place of the graveyard.

The place he visits almost every day, to tell Eddie about everything and nothing.

He still hasn't figured out why he does this, but it's a peaceful action. It brings peace in to the storm he lives in. It's kinda comforting you know, he stood over the grave of the great Eddie Munson.

The cold marble stone looked as empty as always, it's funny how he constantly had to wash the grave stone. Because people keep on vandalising it. He also met on Wayne sometimes, it was just some short conversation. But it still felt nice, to talk to someone for a change.

He had even listened to that Ozzy guy, Eddie had mentioned. It wasn't quite Steve's taste of music, but he still found himself listening to him again and again.

Steve was on the verge of crying, crying of exhaustion and tiredness. But also because he misses Eddie and Max, he misses seeing everyone happy. And movie night at the Harrington house, he wishes that Eddie could have experience one of those, how they used to argue on what movie they should watch.

He was now sitting in front of his grave, the small stumps of grass that was growing around the grave stone, but it was mostly dirt. But he didn't care if he got his pants dirty, he stopped caring a while ago. He placed the graduation cap on top of the marble stone.

"Hey Eddie" Steve said with a shaky voice " Congrats man, you did it" he swallowed thickly before continuing, "It was your year, man" warm tears wear streaming down his cheeks " Couldn't be more proud" " you know, Metallica is coming out with a new album soon. Maybe I should buy it for you" he laughed, a cold laugh, a lonely one.

"wouldn't that be a nice graduation present" his vision was blurry and his hands were shaking. But they always did that, that is a side effect of what happened in 85.

Everything that happened with the russians that summer, still has a big effect on Steve's life. But he'll manage, like he always does.

It had become dark outside, when Steve finally decided to look around and burst his bubble. He had been talking to Eddie for god know's how long.

He were now sitting in his car, the radio playing on a low tune. His windows down, so he could feel the cold night air. His car was going pretty fast on the main road, the moonlight was shining warning against him.

A big flash was suddenly coming against him, he hadn't noticed that before. And then everything happened so fast. The car tumbled over and Steve was smashed in the wreck, his body felt numb. And he started slipping out of consciousness.

He shot up from his bed, taking deep breath's. He vividly looked around, and was met by a dark room. He slowly started to recognise what room he was in, it just missed the big guitar and the piles of clothes. Expect from that everything was the same, but it still felt different. So he went down stairs, and did a thing he hadn't done in months. He called Robin.

________________________________
How do we all feel??
Should i continue this story or not?
And did you guys like it??

I have mixed a lot if headcanons i have for Steve in this fanfic, because i just felt for it, i just feel like Steve doesn't like to acknowledge that he is suffering or that he feels like he deserves it.

I'll try to update this as often as i can..

Anyway's that's all from me, have a nice day/night everyone!!

- Sam