❀ Hidden Secrets ❀

Start from the beginning

En Life la Naa natpu kaga yengirken, kaadhal naala yezhanthurken. Innoru thadava Naa oruthar mela anbu vechu, atha yezhakara sakthi Enakku illa. Athunala than Naa unnode love ah accept pannala.

Aana unnode anbu mathri innonu Enakku Life la kedaikathu. Unnode kaadhal kallam kabadam illathathu. Life la ellathayum yezhantha Enakku oru ray of light ah than nee vanthu irukka. I have understood that so well Roja.."

Roja could not bear Arjun's speech. She felt so much pain in his words. She clearly understood that something from his past had shattered him

Roja: Unga varthaigal la avlo vali ah Naa unaren sir. Enna aachu sir. Ennamo nadanthu irukku...
Sollunga sir..ungalukullaye pothachu vechikathimga...

Arjun : Atha ethukku Roja pesikittu, ennode kastam ennode ah ye pogatum. Antha nilamai laam yarukume vara koodathu.

Roja: Please sir. Neenga ennode love ah purinjikittadha sonninga
Athu unmai na Neenga sollanum sir. Unga kadantha kaala vazhkaila Enna nadanthuchu nu.

Arjun became speechless for sometime.
Finally he opened up....

"Nee adikadi solluva Naa anathai nu. Nee unakku nenaivu therinja naal la irunthe appdi.

AANA UNMAIYILAYE ANATHAI NAAN THAN"

🥲

Roja was stunned! What on the earth was he talking about?! She wondered.

Roja: Sir..enna solringa...neenga anathai ah😳
Pechuku kooda appdi sollathinga sir. Neenga avlo uravugal ode poranthu irukkinga. Neenga ippdi pesalama

Arjun: Enakku theriyum Roja, ithathan solluva nu. Ellarum appdithan nenaipanga.
Arjun periya doctor, panakaara kudumbatha sernthavan, amma, appa, thangachi, thambi, paati nu vaazharan. Kai neraiya sambaathikaran
Santhoshathuku Enna korachal nu nenaipanga. Aana Naa kadanthu vantha paathai yarukum theriyadhu. It's a path full of thorns, pains and losses Roja...

Kastam, vali, vedhanai, ezhappu, thunbatha mattom paatha Enakku santhosham eh Naa post graduation padikarapo than kedachithu...

Roja: Appdi Enna than sir nadanthuchu?

[Flashback Begins.....

June 1994.

Venugopal and his wife Padmini were a perfect couple. They had every happiness they could imagine in their life. They had an extremely successful and flourishing business. They lived in a big mansion but were extremely kind and generous. Nobody left their door hungry. They loved each other and understood each other so well that there were no misunderstandings between them. They were the example of how an happy couple should be. Now, there was even more happiness in the house as Padmini was pregnant. They were expecting their first child, their bundle of joy.

However things took an unexpected turn in no time. Venu's business fell in bad hands and they suffered huge losses. Once an happy rich couple, were now living in a small hut. Their properties and company had been seized and Venu and his pregnant wife Padmini were pushed out of their house.

Padmini was 9 months pregnant. Venu was worried about taking care of his wife and their soon to be born child. Once, they who had given alms to so many people, were now in the verge of asking for alms from others. Their relatives and friends had ditched them once they lost their wealth. A few middle class people whom they had helped when they were rich, felt sorry for them and gave them some money for bare necessities and helped them find the hut. There was no bigger house that they could afford. At that time , they just needed a roof above their head.

Venu found a job as a driver in a rich family. It was none other than the house of industrialist Vijaykumar who had a successful leather business. His elder son Prathap had just got married to Kalpana and had started taking care of his business. Venu and Prathap were almost of the same age, only that Prathap was two years younger than Venu.

Venu was only too happy to get the job. He managed to take good care of Padmini with the earning that he got. They still lived in the hut, but were happy with whatever little they had.

March 1995

It was just a few days since Venu had got the job. One fine night, when it was raining heavily, amidst thunder, lightning and no electricity, Padmini gave birth to a cute little baby boy.

He was the apple of both their eyes and their only happiness in the tough times. They lovingly named him "ARJUN" ]

********

Back to Present

Roja gasped as she heard Arjun narrate.

"So you were that boy Arjun....."
She asked slowly....

"Yes, I was that Arjun"
Arjun replied nodding his head

Roja was shocked by this revelation. This was something she hadn't expected.
So he wasn't Prathap & Kalpana's son!

"Appram Enna aachu sir? Neenga eppdi Prathap uncle and Kalpana Amma ode paiyan ah Ippo irukkinga? Unga appa amma enga?"

"Naa full story ah sonna unakku automatic ah ithukku ellam bathil kedaikum Roja"
Arjun replied calmly but there was sadness in his face

"Unga baaratha ellam eraki vechidunga sir"
Roja Said placing her arm on his shoulder.
Arjun turned back and looked at her. He saw only pure concern in her eyes.

********

Back to flashback

(Author's note : So far flashback was in third person narrative tone as it was before Arjun's birth. Henceforth will be in first person narrative from Arjun's POV)

Arjun's POV

Panam um selvam um Munna mathri illainalum naanga yezhantha santhoshatha meetu eduthutom. Appa driver ah velai paathutu iruntharu. Enga kudumbathukum Prathap uncle kudumbathukum oru nalla relationship develop aachu

Prathap uncle um ennode appa vum nalla Friends aayitanga. Chinna kudusaila kozhandai ah vechittu kasta podranga nu Prathap uncle enga appa amma va Avar veetu outhouse laye thangikka sonnaru. Enga appa amma vum santhoshama ethukittanga. Kalpana amma ku Athu varaikume kozhandai illa. Enna Avanga paiyan aavey nenachu urimai eduthukittanga. Enga amma kitta vida sila neram kalpana amma kooda than neriya irunthu irukken

Kaalam vegama odi pochu. Enakku 2 vayasu aayiduchu. Enga sottha ellam illama panni irunthalum kadavul engaluku santhoshatha kudutharu. Enga amma marubidiyum conceive aayitanga. Prathap uncle, kalpana aunty ellarum Romba santhosha pattanga...

Enga palaya kastathellam sutthama maranthu avlo santhoshama irunthom. Appothan naanga yarume ethir paakatha oru idi enga Thala mela vizhunthuchu......

.....

.....

To be continued
Thanks for reading ❤️