Chapter 2

Winterkit sat outside of the Nursery, Autumnkit, Rippleleap beside her.
Tansykit and Dappledkit sat beside them as they didn't have any parents, Rippleleap took care of the kits until they now hit six moons.
Winterkit and Autumnkit knew them well by now. Foxfire was yowling and screaming from the Nursery.
Winterkit's ears flicker backwards. It sounded like Foxfire was dying! "Rippleleap..did you feel like that too when Autumnkit and I were being born?" Her head tilted in curiosity.
Rippleleap gave a soft cuff of Winterkit's ear. "It's not nice to say those things." She replied.
Winterkit gave an embarrassed purr.

After all the yowling and pained squeals from Foxfire, Autumnkit, Winterkit, Tansykit and Dappledkit were allowed to enter the Nursery. Winterkit stared at two red-orange kits in curiosity, her ears giving a flick. "They're adorable!" She mewed, her tail giving a single twitch.
Glazesight nodded. "I agree, they're beautiful Foxfire." Glazesight purred, giving a swift lick at her stomach. "I believe my kits will be coming soon as well." Her eyes were soft.
Mudsight laid against Foxfire and her kits, not in-front of her stomach as the kits suckled.

Just a day after Winterkit and the other kits had to stand out of the Nursery again, besides Crimsonkit and Spikekit. They were too young to even see! Winterkit looked at Autumnkit then Dappledkit. They slowly turned their head to look at Owlfeather, the deputy. He seemed to be setting out patrols. Once they were able to come back in she saw a small brown and white she-kit.
Smokeleaf was there, looking at the kit warmly. "Welcome Swiftkit, kits." Smokeleaf meowed as she left with a respectful dip of her head.

That night WinterKit was playing with Autumnkit in the Nursery, her ears giving a flick.
Winterkit noticed Tansykit chatting with Dappledkit, giving a chirp. "Hey! Dappledkit! Tansykit! Want to play!?" She called. Dappledkit turned and nodded. "Yea sure! How about, follow the leader?" He purred.
Winterkit nodded happily in agreement. "Yes! Can I be the leader!?"
Dappledkit shrugged to gesture he didn't care. Autumnkit was asleep in Rippleleap's fur. He wouldn't be playing anyway.
Tansykit nodded. "Yeah sure!"
Winterkit's fluffy fur fluffed more happily. "Yay! Dappledkit will be my deputy!"
Dappledkit rolled his eyes. "Eww! Deputy's are gross!" He huffed. Stomping angrily.
Winterkit sighed. "Okay, Tansykit can be deputy." She smiled, which stopped when Dappledkit hissed. "No!! I wanna be deputy!" He bounced.
Winterkit shrugged then nodded. "Okay. Let's start!" Winterkit stood to the front, Dappledkit stood beside and Tansykit behind.
They all started to trot forward with their scruffy tails up in the air. Suddenly she saw Soulstar among other warriors emerging from the Shadowclan territory in the camp, a large fluffy black and red she-cat with them.
Winterkit looked up at Rippleleap who started to bring her into the Nursery.
"You can come back out when that strange cat has been sorted out my dears." She licked their faces and curled around them, making sure they wouldn't leave.

A clan meeting was called so Rippleleap left the Nursery, Winterkit whispered to Autumnkit. "This is our chance to see what's going on!" She walked over to the exit of the Nursery den and poked her head out to see what's going on. Her paws itched to leave and she was full with excitement.
Dappledkit and Tansykit were standing above them, sharing words, they looked at Winterkit and Autumnkit then left the nursery. She looked at them as they left and then looked back back at the leader Soulstar. She tried to lean in to hear what they were saying but couldn't catch up on anything. Only the words of "Garnet" and "Tempestpaw." She reckoned that this must have to do with the strange cat, she hadn't heard of any Garnet or Tempestpaw. Her tail tapped and she leaned a little bit closer, tripping and being caught by Autumnkit. "Be careful sister! You're going to let everyone know you're snooping." He purred in amusement. Winterkit's fur fluffed up in embarrassment. She gave a small swipe at Autumnkit then continued to listen.

Soulstar's mews beamed. "I will mentor her, Mudsight will mentor Dappledpaw, and Plumflower will mentor Tansypaw. I want to hear no complaints, meeting dismissed!"

Winterkit sighed. "Now look at what you did! I barely heard any of it!" She launched at her brother and started to play-fight, biting their ear softly.

Autumnkit play-fought back, throwing a sheathed paw at her face. They played for awhile till Rippleleap came up to them with angry tail flicks. "I can't believe Soulstar let that menace into the clan, Scarletstar would never." She swooped up a leaf with her tail that blew up in the sky then fell back down, just passing her. She turned to her kits. "Behave, okay? And don't go near Tempestpaw, that's the new one."

Winterkit looked at Autumnkit and Autumnkit looked at Winterkit, they both knew exactly what they were about to do. "Okay mum!" They both left the Nursery, looking for Tempestpaw. They spotted the huge black and red she-cat. Starting to run at them until she was stopped by Soulstar walking over to Tempestpaw. Winterkit looked at Autumnkit who stared at her wide-eyed, moving their eyes up signalising them to look behind them. Winterkit turned to see Rippleleap. "You can't trick me you two, I followed you both that whole time." She bent down and picked up both of them, trotting angrily into the Nursery. "Time out, you stay here till Sun-up." She grumbled, laying beside them and flattening them to the nest with her tail. Winterkit frowned and stared across out of the Nursery, Dappledpaw and Tansypaw were apprentices and she didn't even get to congratulate them! She grumbled, her eyes turning to the one moon old Spikekit, Crimsonkit, and Swiftkit all with their mothers, Spikekit and Crimsonkit with Foxfire and Swiftkit with Glazesight. Winterkit sighed and rolled over next to Rippleleap's belly, closing her eyes and falling asleep.