3- Salad & Tenders

Start from the beginning

I take my shower and moisturize after I get out and dry off. Walking into my closet I view my options.

Semi formal, so nothing cropped or low waisted. I take a simple, black spaghetti strap dress with an square neckline and a slit down the right side.

I decided against wearing a waist chain and stuck with dainty jewelry. I wore a small gold paper clip chain with a black obsidian necklace that also was a gold chain.

It carries positive energy and also attracts that energy.

I get a text from Astryd telling me she's on her way and I grab my purse putting on my black shoes.

I blow out my candle, spray a bit of perfume, and double check to make sure everything was in place and that I had everything I needed before I walk out the door.

I spot Leo's car parked in front of my building and I get in the car.

"You look hot." Astryd looks back at me from the passenger seat.

Before I could return the compliment Leo spoke, "Don't lie to the witch, Atty."

"If I were one, I would've made you disappear a long time ago, anger issues." I glare at him.

"You can't destroy greatness." He saids cockily putting the car in reverse and backing out.

"Explains why you're not invincible." I retort.

"Guys, let's be civil for this one night. You owe me, Lee, for making me come to the dinner." Astryd intervenes.

Leo clenches his jaw looking at Astryd before sighing, "Fine."

The car ride was silent most of the ride except for the music flowing from the radio. When we arrive at the restaurant just by the name I could tell it was expensive because I couldn't pronounce it.

We were led to our table by our hostess and I instantly felt as if the universe was against me when I saw Carter sitting at the table.

What is he even doing here?

I almost start to doubt my crystal since it's suppose to attract positive energy.

Astryd and Leo were walking in front of me and soon as I was walking past Carter he suddenly scoots his chair back almost knocking my balance.

I try not to gape at him as he plays it off as if he was fixing his dark blue blazer.

His dark eyes draw up to mine, "Careful. You gotta watch where you're going."

"My apologies, Carver." I mutter.

"It's Carter."

I looked at him confused, "That's what I said."

I released a deep breath walking around the smug asshole to take my seat next to Astryd.

We were introducing ourselves when the waiter comes by we order our drinks, I just order a tea and Astryd had gotten a water.

Scanning the menu, I pretend like I'm observing the option choices in reality I had no clue what I was looking at.

I'll just get a salad. It seemed like the safest option.