A Proxy for a Proxy

Artillian's next objective was to create the Medici Vault. 
The Medici Vault was a metaphysical space that allowed one to simulate spells in a dream-like realm and modify matrices. In other words, you could practice spells too dangerous to attempt in reality in the vault. But this required an extremely powerful soul and a vast amount of knowledge in one's reserve. The more knowledge had about how the universe functioned, the better the results one would get from simulation.
The Medici vault could take up any form. Its content was literally only limited by one's imagination and knowledge. Only the size of the space was limited by your cultivation level while the quality of objects you could bring depends on one's soul force.

According to Hestia, his Medici Vault would not be a normal one because he had her presence. Hestia put it in a simpler way for him to understand

"Think of the Matrix as an ordinary personal computer from your world. You are the brain. Without you giving the computer instructions using logic from your brain, the computer will be useless.

I, a divine being, have fused with you to improve your ability to 'use' the computer. I have improved the brain of the person and improved all overall body attributes. Allowing you, the person, to exhibit the maximum performance from your computer.

I also come with experience that will give you intuitive knowledge on how to 'improve’ your computer. I can bear the majority of the energy and processing load allowing you to focus on just getting stronger."

"So you are basically a proxy brain for a proxy brain?"

Hestia laughed, Artiallian always had a snide remark ready to be fired from his arsenal, but this did not anger the goddess. She was used to dealing with men much more difficult than a mere teenager from a tiny world. This was just humour to her.

"As I said earlier, Pathless Origins is a spell that creates as many Avatars for every attribute you have. But I told you of its weaknesses. Thankfully, you have me as your divinity, because I just so happen to have a solution for one of its weaknesses.

I said that each of the Avatars, over a long period of time, will develop a distinct personality. This growth will be slow at first because their rate of growth is dependent on your cultivation base. So at some point, it is likely that they will fight with you for control over your own body. But there is a way to avoid that disaster."

Hestia's plan was very simple. First, analyse all the attributes Artilllian had. He had space, water, metal and spirit attributes. The space, spirit and water attributes came from Artillian of the earth while the metal attribute came from Artilliam of phios. That plus the six attributes Hestia had made for a total of 9 Avatars. He would be the tenth and have the space attribute as the attribute of the main body. Then the Avatars would take on the other 9. 

Hestia's plan was simple. Utilize soul-binding contracts. There were two types of contracts to be made. Soul Brethren and Soul Sworn. 

A Soul Sworn was a person, who through a certain ritual, offers up their life in servitude to another. This bond would last until either the master or the Soul Sworn die. It was an unshakable bond that would bind both parties, and nothing could break or interfere with it except death.
Normally one would never want to become another person's Soul Sworn because you would effectively become a slave for life. Becoming a Soul Sworn to a powerful person was different, very different. Even though you are essentially becoming that person's lifelong slave, being a Soul Sworn also has its advantages.
The master of a Soul Sworn is called a Meister. A Meister has complete control of his or her slave. Once one becomes a Soul Sworn, their personality is modified. They will start seeing their Meister in complete reverence. They will find it practically impossible to resist their master's orders. The rule is if a Soul Sworn disobeys their master, their soul gets destroyed, so they have even more of a reason to obey.
It is for this reason, that any Meister will completely trust any Soul Sworn they have. Another reason why Soul Sworn are valued is that the amount of Soul Sworn one can have is limited by the power of their soul. An average person doesn't even have a powerful enough soul to have even one Soul Sworn. To have more than one is already seen as being impressive.
Since the number of Soul Sworn one can have is limited, A Meister does not choose lightly. This number or capacity is determined at birth. It cannot be increased or decreased through any means.
Also, the number of times one can do the ritual as a Meister is limited as a result. So if you kill one of your own Soul Sworn and you have reached your limit, then you have lost one more permanently and cannot replenish your numbers.
Thus if you become the Soul Sworn of a powerful person, they would most likely treat you with great value, especially if they have the capability to create only a few Soul Sworn. A Soul Sworn is a highly trusted and valued servant. Since his/her fate is tied to their Meister, then the more powerful the Meister is, the better.

Since Soul Sworn were beings bound together by a contract that links their souls, less informed people assume that only the relationship of Master and servant can be achieved, but there is a more complex relationship, where both parties are equals.

“As a person who comes from a world where Meisters are common, I am sure you know that you're able to share information between you and your servant, such as your servant's whereabouts.

With the Soul Brethren contract, you are able to share far more than just information. For example, in this situation, you can make your Avatar into a being that is essentially another part of you, in mind, body and soul. It will completely lose its ability to separate from you while you retain your own identity.

....

If you like what you see, make sure to join our Discord Server, you can find it in the link below:

https://discord.gg/Bqgv7NSFY8

We will be doing a lot of our fan-interaction trough discord, including some special activities every once in a while, so jump right in!