𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇. none of it is real

En başından başla

Light as a feather, she landed in a black bathtub. The water was freezing cold and ice cubes gathered around her body.

Nova broke the surface and coughed the water out of her lungs, as she tried to progress what just happened. Eryn appeared out of nowhere in front of her.

Her skin pale as a corpse's. Her veins were almost bursting through her glass looking skin and her eyes were glazed white.

"You killed me," breathed the young Jailey, tears running down her cheeks. Nova wanted to jump up, but her muscles were frozen.

The only thing she did was stare at her younger sister, as the cold water continuously attacked her pale becoming skin.

"You killed me. YOU KILLED ME!" Terrified, Nova watched as Eryn's mouth widened and greenish water gushed out. Her cheeks cracked open and little maggots fell out and burst on the floor.

Nova opened her mouth to scream as Eryn pushed her head under the water in a monstrous strength, but no sound came out if it. Nova couldn't do anything. She was too weak.

She felt her lungs fill more and more with the cold water as she slowly drowned.

Her heartbeat became fainter, but all the louder in her ears. She heard the rhythm becoming slower and slower and her blood vessels seem to freeze and stop the blood flow.

You killed me.

This three words echoed in her ears. Over and over.

Through the distortion, Nova looked at her sister. She couldn't tell if it was because of the lack of oxygen or if it was really true, but it looked like Eryn was grinning at her. It was an evil grin.

Her teeth were rotten and more maggots crawled around, eating their way through the young body.

With a blink Nova found herself back in the treatment chair, a fearful scream escaping her lips.

Her heart hammered against her chest and she gasped greedily for air. She still felt the crushing water in her lungs and wished she could spit it out, but it wasn't really there. It was an... illusion?

Nova wanted to get up, but her hands were chained to the chair. She shook at them but the chains did not move. Not even an inch.

Hectically, she looked around. She realized that she was back at the Capitol. Had she dreamed it all?

"Are you ready to answer my questions now?"

Slowly, Nova's eyes moved along the left and Snow fell into her field of vision. A spiteful grin was on his lips as he twirled a white rose between his fingers.

Her eyes narrowed to slits. Heat flared in her chest and incredible rage spread. She remained silent. Talking wouldn't do any good anyway.

The old man pulled off a leaf of his rose and slowly the leaf sailed to the ground. "Take her back to her room."

A peacekeeper approached her and took a silver key out of his breast pocket. He unlocked the chains from her body and once Nova was free she kicked him full force in the balls.

With a groan, he held his soft parts and sank to his knees. Nova snatched the key from his hand and jumped toward President Snow.

The key hit him in the cheek and bright red blood came out of the cut.

Before Nova could launch another attack, a second peacekeeper rammed a syringe down her throat.

Startled, Nova grabbed the syringe with one hand and pulled it out of her skin.

Her skin began to tingle and her legs gave way out of nowhere. She sank to her knees, unable to hold herself upright.

Snow looked down at her. He slowly bent down to her and took her chin between his fingers. "Silly girl. Don't put up any resistance. You're just making it harder for everyone, and we don't want anyone innocent to have to pay for you, right?"

Nova spat in his face, and a moment later a loud slapping echoed from the walls and a hellish pain went through her reddened cheek.

Heat spread and a metallic taste spread across her tongue. "You'll see what you get out of this," the president said low, wiping the spit from his face in disgust.

Back in her room, Nova stood in front of the small mirror and stared blankly at her reflection.

In her mind, Eryn drowning played over and over again. But it wasn't real, at least it's what Nova wished for. It was as if she had been in a kind of... simulation?

She splashed the ice-cold water on her face and watched the water drip from her chin into the sink. Gripping on to the sink she couldn't hold in the sob that escaped her mouth. The only thing keeping her up seems to vanish into thin air. She felt like she was slowly losing her mind.

✰ 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞 !! —

if you never watched brooklyn 99 you're missing out. go and watch it. i mean it. do it. live, laugh, love b99.

reminder for you to stay hydrated and take medications if you need any. take care of yourself honey xx

don't forget to comment below what you think of this chapter. feedback and votes are appreciated.

— 𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢 !! ✰