𝗍𝖾𝗇. i love you anyway

𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗔 𝗞𝗜𝗦𝗦, 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗔 𝗚𝗨𝗡
─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
chapter 010 , i love you anyway

   The monkeys glided down the vines at an incredible speed. They jumped over large distances from tree to tree.

They bared their teeth and had their claws extended like switchblades.

"Mutations!" Katniss warned.

Backing up, Peeta carefully walked to the other three, his eyes fixed on one of the monkeys that was right in front of his face.

The four tributes now stood a few feet apart, back to back, lined up in a square, surrounded by the mutations.

Nova's gaze slid around, her features tense and her fingers twitching around the hilt of her sword.

"Get to the beach," Katniss whisper-yelled.

Too late. The monkeys already blocked the way out and roared so loudly that Nova thought her eardrums would burst at any moment.

Two monkeys approached Nova and she held the sword protectively in front of her chest, her eyes always fixed on their movements.

It was an eerie feeling. The monkeys' eyes looked almost human. The only strange thing were that they're colored in a bright yellow.

Chaos broke out. The monkeys attacked the tributes and tried to sink their teeth and claws into the soft flesh.

Every blow had to be in the right place, otherwise they would be dead.

Nova stabbed her sword through the mutations. She aimed for the eyes, heart and throat, so that each hit was fatal.

There were too many monkeys. No matter how much they killed, there always seemed to be more. Fighting was useless, they had to flee.

The air became heavy with the trampled plants, the smell of blood and the musty smell of the monkeys.

Out of the corner of her eye, Nova saw one of the monkeys approach Finnick from behind.

"Behind you!" she called out to him, and in one swift movement Finnick turned and pierced the monkey's skull with his trident.

Nodding his thanks to her, he continued to fight. Nova stabbed another mutation when something pushed her under the water.

With all her strength she used her sword to push the monkey off her, but it weighed too much.

Her sword broke and the sharp teeth immediately came closer to her face, only a few inches away. Hastily, she reached to her waist and pulled a knife from its holder.

Without thinking, she rammed it into his glittering eyes. The monkey cried out in pain and then sank down from her.

The water around her turned a bright red. Panting, she stood up and gasped for air.

"We need to get to the beach," Peeta yelled.

Sure enough, a path to the beach was open and they sprinted off, closely followed by the mutations.