"I'm just gonna step away for a bit... All that smoke whiffing into my face isn't good for me..."

"Alright, well don't forget about us!"

"I won't..." he nods softly before walking towards the edge of the cliff above the river and sat down. He breathes in the fresh air that he longed for since he started cooking.

"That feels nice..."

He takes a bite of his food.

"...And that tastes nice..." he said as he continued to eat for a little bit.

"Y/n?"

That was Kamiya who called for him as he turns behind him with waved. "Hey, Kamiya... Come join me..." he pats a spot next to him as the girl followed his request and sat down with her food in her hands.

They talked for a bit as Y/n ate his food and was delighted by the great results. Kamiya followed since she had a lot more on her plate and turns to Y/n with a soft gaze.

"..."

She takes in the view in front of her, examining the little features possible as the boy continued to smile and look out at the river below them.

She takes careful looks, what his skin tone was, if his hair danced in the wind, where his e/c eyes gazed out at, anything as Y/n turns to the navy haired girl.

"I've seen that you didn't want to jump in the water... Why's that?" Y/n asked, snapping Kamiya from her thoughts.

"...I... I thought about asking to jump in with you... but you decided to barbecue instead..."

"You know my condition, Kamiya... You could've went in if you wanted to..."

"But we're friends... right?"

"..."

Y/n glanced at the girl for a second. It seemed that it hit the boy but he nodded a little. "...Of course..." he answered as Kamiya starts to blush lightly.

"...Do you... wanna hang out at the shallow end?"

"Sure... It'll be nice to cool off... The smoke was burning hot after all..." Y/n said as Kamiya stood up as Y/n follows.

But when he does, he felt his body heat up and he got a little woozy, his forehead was burning up.

"...Wow... The smoke is... really... making me... dizzy... Holy..."

...Fwoosh...

...Splash!

"Y/n!"

Kamiya shouted as Y/n fell from the cliff and into the water. She calls for him, searching from above as he emerged and splashed around to stay afloat.

"Y/n!" She continues to call for him as Y/n was slowly growing weak from his condition.

...I-I can't touch the ground... How deep is this river?

He was hyperventilating, one of the few times he panicked like crazy as he continued to splash around in hope of finding anything to keep him from drowning.

There was nothing as his vision start to become blurry and his body just couldn't move anymore. He was now completely submerged while holding his breath and praying for a miracle.