4: Disconcerting Discretion

Start from the beginning

[Continued]

---
Being back at your house was uneventful. You continued your work, with boredom and disinterest.

You couldn't stop thinking about the events that occurred on the Noahtic. And your personnel could tell.

It was very apparent to them by how distracted you were, that either something was bothering you, or you were stuck in your own mind too often. And by too often, I mean more often than normal.

They could obviously tell, and wanted to help you as best as they could. Not only because it was their job, but because they wanted to help you.

So, once you had come down for food after staying up for a bit, they were all there, worried for you.

"Master, don't you think you should have some rest?" One of your major butlers asked.

You looked over at him as you sat down with your filled cup, ready to take a sip.

He became flushed, "I mean, don't you think, Master that you've been working very hard lately?"

Taking a sip of your favorite morning drink, you side eyed him, confused.

"Go on." You spoke suspiciously as you set your cup down again, giving him all your attention.

"Well... uh-" He stuttered nervously, you felt sympathetic, "Me and some of the others have noticed how hard you've been working."

He began, evading your gaze, as you looked questionably at him, "We just think you deserve a break."

"We don't want you to overwork yourself. We know how hard you've been working, and how important and dedicated you are to it." One of your maids interrupted briefly, as they walked next to your Butler.

"But, as your Butler, I feel the need to express my concerns." He said holding his arm.

You sighed, looking down. "I understand your concerns, I've just been having a difficult time these last couple weeks."

"And I feel ashamed to admit, but I've been obsessing over small things, and it's begun to take a toll, more so then it used to." You spoke, grabbing your cup and holding it, as you spoke.

Taking a sip, you continued, "I thank you for your concerns, but I believe this work will not let up for some time." You looked at your Butler and he had a sad expression on his face, sympathy.

"All I am able to do at the moment, is get through it. However-" You put your cup down back on its' saucer.

He looked at you with small bit of hope, and curiosity. "However, I do enjoy my work, so I do not dread all of it."

Another one of your personnel came out of the kitchen with a rolling cart. They parked it next to your Butler, bowed and then left.

"Just one moment!" You yelled after your cook.

They turned around with a nervous expression on their face, as they began to sweat profusely.

"I know you are a very talented baker and cook, I understand you need this job." At the mention of their job, they held their breath.

"However, if you ever wanted to begin a project, such as opening a bakery, just know I will be all for it."

They looked up from their feet and looked at you in shock, their mouth wide open. Your Butler looked back at you in shock as well.

"If you would like to pursue something of the sort, please do not fret to oblige."

"Oh and don't worry about the costs either, I would gladly pay for it all."