My Killer Brother - part 1

Clodine's POV

It's a dark and dreary night and here I am, locked in a box in the middle of nowhere, alone. I can hear the leaves rustling around outside. There is no space to move around and I am pressed up against all walls, then I feel something, it's cold... and sharp...a knife. It reminds me of how cold it is in the box and I get scared. I feel for my mother's necklace like I always do when I get worried, but it's not there. All of a sudden I hear a loud roar and screaming. "I'm so dead," I think to myself as I feel for the cold knife on the floor. Should I? I feel around for my mother's necklace, I still can't find it! Then I hear something that sounds like breaking wood. The top of the box comes off and I see him. As he stares down at me, he mouths a silent,
"Hello."

I cower further into the box, if that is even possible, as I try to get away from him. I don't know what he will do but I've heard stories and none of them end nicely. I can't believe he would use me like this, his own sister! The anger takes control of me as words start to pour out of my mouth. "If only mother could see you now, you know what she would say? She would tell you that you're out of your mind! You need to stop now, before you are caught, or worse, hanged!" I can see the anger in his eyes from my outburst and now I'm regretting it. He grabs me by the throat and lifts me into the air. I try to pry his fingers off me before I pass out or worse, die from the lack of oxygen, but it doesn't work. After what feels like forever he drops me back into the box and reseals the lid just as I pass out.

When I wake up I am still in the tiny box and my legs are starting to cramp up. I yell and punch the walls of the box until my knuckles are bleeding and my voice is hoarse. I feel around for the knife to try and open the lid but it seems to have been removed while I was asleep. I can see light coming through a crack in the wood but only hear silence. I lean all my weight on the back of the box so I can take some pressure off my legs, then I hear the sound of cracking wood and tumble out of the box as the back of the it comes loose. "I'm free!" I whisper then realise where I am. I am in a room full of teenaged girls, like me but they are all chained to the walls, staring blankly ahead. As I am looking around the room the door swings open to reveal my horrible, bully of a brother, Sef.

"Well, well, well. I see sleeping beauty finally woke up," Sef says, his voice dripping with sarcasm. We both know I am trapped and that there was no way of getting out of this mess.

"Ah, brother, I was just starting to miss you. What have you been doing with all these women over the years?" I question. He walks over to me drags me to the corner of the west wall and chains me up. The chains are long enough so that we can sit on the ground and touch our toes.

"The same thing that will happen to you, Clodine" he replies.

"And what would that be?"

"Let's just say, you might get to save someone's life. Someone very important to me. But I've got to go, see you later!" He walks out the door before I have time to question him. Saving someone important to him? Guess I don't matter.

It's dinner time and Sef walks into the room carrying ten loves of bread and five jugs of water on a tray. He gives them to the first girl who is chained up to the Far East corner of the room. Once she shared the food evenly she passes the tray down the line till everyone is fed.

It has been 12 days and the only time I see Sef is at dinner and that is only for a few seconds. I am starting to get really worried! I wonder what he could be planning in the evil brain of his. Just as I think this he comes into the room without any food. I am very scared because he looks like he could rip someone's head off! He pulls out a knife and walks to the east corner of the room. He looks at the first girl, as if to think of his options, then in a split second, slits her throat. He does the same to the girl next to her and the one after that until I am the only one left alive.

"Don't think I'm going to let you go that easily," he says while smiling maliciously at me.

He unchains me from the wall and drags me to another part of the house by my hair, (my kicking and screaming doesn't faze him), until we reach a room with a steel door. He opens the door and chucks me in.

"Just wait here until I'm ready. Don't do anything you'll regret," he sneers at me, as he leaves.

"Help me! Help me!" I yell from behind the door, not that anyone could hear me. I know that this will not end well. I look around the drab room and find a desk with chains connected to it and what seems to be a doctors bag full of equipment.

About three hours pass before he returns. As he walks over to me he says, "you will be sacrificed for another. She needs your organs and none of the others were suitable." He spoke with anger in his voice. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what he did to those girls. He drops me onto the desk and chains me up, he lifts up my shirt.

As he opens his doctors bag, tears start to fall down his face. I ask why he is crying but he ignores me and pulls out a butchers, knife. As he cuts, and removes my organs, I try my best to stay quiet but, fail. I am screaming and wishing it to be over, wishing to be dead! After a few seconds I notice black spots start taking over my vision and I see his face relax.

"Goodbye sister. Thank you for saving my wife." That was the last thing I ever heard before he shoves the knife into my heart to stop my suffering. My eyes close as I take my last breath relieved that the pain is over but confused at what he means by wife.