Chapter 27: Sophie POV

Start from the beginning

And Dex "convieniently" had cleared his head and looked up to Biana. There was some type of energy between them. But Biana liked Tam didn't she?

I shook my head in confusion, relationship stuff was NOT my forte.  Biana ran up to Dex and caught him in a hug that seemed to stun Dex and even Sophie herself. 

I decided not to interrupt the personal moment and walked away, sneaking quick glances at the tight embrace Biana had Dex in. 

Fitz was sitting solemnly on the couch and was looking everywhere but my eyes. His lips were pressed into a tight line. And his eyes...those damn teal eyes that encaptured my interest on that very first day... had faded- 

Were dull

Lifeless. 

My gaze only seemed to upset this balance more. 

"Did you know?"

I sat there as he posed this question to me. I cocked my head to the side in question. He repeated the question. 

"Did you know-" he choked on his words as his eyes started to glimmer "how hard it was- to say goodbye-"

"To us-" He finished.

His head hung low and he continued "How hard it was to say goodbye to the most beautiful, intellegent girl I'd ever met, and I foolishly let her slip away. It was so damn hard to say goodbye our relationship and now-" He stopped momentarily "-I don't think we can fix it-" He finished quietly. "The most beautiful, smart, priceless, strong girl got away from me. And- you loved me so hard, with everything you could, and I didnt see that- Sophie I didn't see that you were who I needed and I- now know, Sophie Foster, you are amazing. And now I need to say goodbye to us for real-" He touched my hand and I suprisingly stayed calm. He smiled a little. "and say hello to something else- goodbye Sophie Foster, my ex girlfriend, the girl I used to love. Hello Sophie Foster, my best friend, my first human like friend. Hello again indeed."

Obviously feeling satisfied and clear of his guilty thoughtshe stood from the couch and simply walked away.

And that was it. 

Goodbye

And maybe that was all it was supposed to be.

But somehow it still hurt to know it was over, completely over. An ache in my chest spread a little and I was left on the velvet couch. All alone, left heartbroken with goodbye. 

Just goodbye. 

You know when you move houses and you get emotional that your leaving behind all those memories, all those happy times, all those people you met there, your neighbours, your friends in the area, and you genuienely feel upset about something new. You feel unready for the upcoming change, and the fact that you'll leave behind all those childhood and past memories, the fact that you'll have to stay somewhere new? The change looks so daunting. That's how I felt right now. Not ready to move on. And Fitz was the house.

My heart was shattered into a million different glass pieces.

And I kept getting pricked whilst picking them up.

But it didnt hurt that he'd moved on from me. 

It hurt that he had left me behind me in the process

It hurt that he could move on. 

It hurt me that I couldn't 

It hurt that this was the end

It hurt that goodbye was the inevitable word.

I let my head hang down as I dissected what he said to me. My forehead crinkled in confusion. My palms sweaty and my hair falling free of its loose ponytail.