CH 30 || In The Arms Of Her Love

Start from the beginning

I walked inside the house and ran to my study. Thankfully, Lisa wasn't at the house then. My mind was cluttered with Louis's deal. That fucker was thinking I lost but I didn't plan to throw in the towel.

"Aaaghhhh...." I screamed pushing off all the stuff from the table to the floor.

She was gone and so was Reyansh. It had been three fucking hours since that incident and there was no trace of them. Their phone's last location was Aditi's house, that's the only detail I could accumulate in those three hours.

As if that problem wasn't enough, a perturbed Arvik came inside my study after attending a call.

"You need to watch this news." He gave me his phone with the live telecast running.

'The investors of the new project of L.I.E.R backed down from the project. It seems L.I.E.R is in jeopardy now. If reports are to be believed the losses would be more than the profits they have earned in the past one year.'

"That bastard." I pushed the chair and breathed heavily, the fire inside of me was burning me.

I started receiving calls one by one as the news unrolled like a wildfire. Arvik took those calls for me while I called Shawn. I knew I did wrong to him the last time but had no way out of the tumult I was in. Shawn wasn't even upset about what happened and it seemed he let it go way back. I told him what's the matter and what he needed to do and he concurred. Before kicking off his investigation he took all the info from me, from when I had left for office to Louis's deal.

I had given two hours to my team to find at least something about Aditi and Reyansh if not their location. Even though I didn't know where to start, I was aware I had to. I couldn't just sit back. I had to find any weakness of Louis that could help me. Just the moment I was about to leave, I received a call from one of the cops I had cordial relations with. He sent me some documents that left me appalled. I understood the whole game then.

Arvik was busy conversing with an investor and I took his phone and hung up.

"What the hell!" He exclaimed.

"Stop talking with those investors. Call Louis, instead."

"What? No, Aahir. Have you lost it? You can't agree to that bastard's deal." Arvik misinterpreted my intentions. He presumed I would be agreeing to the fucker's deal but no, I was planning his doom, instead.

"He will not tell us even when we agree to the deal," Arvik added. Any sane person without being cognizant of the reason behind my assertion would probably say the same.

"I know he won't. Not because he doesn't intend to but because he doesn't know." Arvik was puzzled and to make things cloudless I said, "It's not Louis but Vidyut who is behind all of it."

"What? I can't get you. Vidyut is in Seattle. He is a coward, Aahir and you know that. He is only involved in the investors' fiasco" I wished for Vidyut to be the same spineless, weakling for that moment but that wasn't the truth.

"Remember, back in school, when Vidyut used to lose in the games he used to distract his opponents to win."

"Yes."

"That's what he is doing now. He used the investors' matter to keep us occupied and used the chance for his leverage." Arvik got my point. He was shocked and disappointed in himself to overlook the tiniest details we missed.

"So what now? What do you suggest? And how are you so sure Louis isn't involved?" I could feel his hate for Vidyut creeping up but it wasn't near to what I had been feeling.

"See this and you will get to know everything." I showed him the documents the cop had sent me a few minutes ago.

******