Chapter 2: Spicy Date Night

A sequel to "Evening Stroll"

~

A week after their incident in the woods, Krel stayed at Douxie's apartment to work things out after Ricky and Lucy declared that the Mothership was beyond repair.

It was a bright sunny morning in Arcadia Oaks, 9:00 am, birds chirping everywhere, Krel was usually annoyed by the noises they make, however, he has come to like them the longer he stays on Earth.

He woke up late again, probably trying to adjust the settings on his Wormhole Generator the night before. "Nothing's working!", he exclaimed in frustration, "It's been acting bonkers since Aja, Eli, Zadra, Vex, and the other Akiridions returned to...", Krel suddenly stopped ranting. He missed Aja and Vex and how comfy his bed was. Krel sighed, he was about to cry until he heard Douxie shut the door behind him. He rushed downstairs, wearing only his boxers and a loose tank top. Krel gasped upon seeing his partner's bulge swing around inside his tight undies.

"Hey there, darling!", Douxie greeted as he took an iced beverage from the fridge and drank it. He walked towards Krel and kissed him on the cheek, making the Akiridion giggle and blush in excitement. "Looks like someone's excited.", Douxie said as he pointed at Krel's pants. Krel chuckled, "I missed feeling you inside me.", he said. Douxie chuckled, "I know...but I need to get to work ASAP, my shift is starting soon.", he replied. Krel's smile faded, "Oh...okay.", he hesitantly replied. "Is something wrong?", Douxie asked. "It's just...we never had a REAL date before.", Krel sighed, "I was hoping we can do something nice today.", he continued. Douxie suddenly beamed, "Don't worry, I have a special surprise for you, once I come back, okay?", he said. Krel looked deeply into Douxie's eyes and nodded. Douxie approached Krel once more and made out with him. Krel moaned as he embraced Douxie, rummaging his hands through his hair.

"Hey, Doux, you better hurry up if-", Archie entered the room and stopped abruptly upon seeing Douxie making out with Krel. The familiar cleared his throat, making Doux and Krel gasp in response. They immediately stopped, "Arch?! How long have you been standing there.", Douxie asked while fixing his hair. "I just walked in.", Archie coldly replied, "Listen, you better hurry up before...", Archie's words were immediately cut short as Douxie walked past him, "Yeah, yeah, I know.", he said as he shut the door behind him. Krel immediately looked out the window and waved at Douxie who looked back at him again, "See ya later, darling!", Douxie said as he dashed towards the center of town.

Krel's heart sank, he slowly walked towards the couch and sat down. He took out his phone, messaging Douxie to "Be careful", before shoving it into his pocket. Archie noticed this and walked up to him. "Everything alright lately?", he asked. Krel shook his head in reply, he sighed and curled up on the couch, cuddling a pillow in his arms. "I can't believe you miss him already.", Archie said as he rolled his eyes, "It's been only five minutes.", he continued.
Krel sobbed, "It's just...I was hoping the two of us get to do something together.", he said. "Like...a date?". Archie replied as Krel nodded. After sobbing for a while, Krel dozed off on the couch with the pillow in his arms. Archie grumbled and walked back to the kitchen to finish reading his book.

~

Douxie arrived at work a little past 9, "Hi guys, sorry I'm late.", he said as he entered the shop. His other co-workers chuckled at him, "What's the reason this time?", one of them asked. "You stopped to save another cat crossing the road?", one of them teased, making his other co-workers laugh.

"Haha, hilarious guys.", Douxie blandly replied. "So...what would be the best treatment if you guys live with someone you love?", Douxie asked as he wore his apron. "Hehe, who's the lucky gal, Doux?", one of the employees, a short brunette, asked. "I'm not sure he wants it to be public yet.", Douxie shyly replied. "That's cool. Take your time.", the brunette said as she took a tray of coffee and gave it to a middle-aged man seated in a nearby window.
Douxie sighed and proceeded toward the cashier to entertain a customer as she requested a cup of coffee.

~

Back at Douxie's apartment, Krel woke up upon hearing something clatter on the kitchen floor. He stood up, groggily stumbled to the counter, and found a shattered jar of spices. He looked at Archie who was in the corner, flaring an "I didn't do it" look. Krel rolled his eyes and proceeded to sweep up the mess Archie had made.

Upon cleaning up, Krel slouched on the sofa and sighed. "Hey Arch?", he called out. Archie shifted into his dragon form and flew towards the couch where Krel was sitting. "What is it?", the familiar said as he arrived.

"What time does Douxie come home?", Krel asked. Archie rolled his eyes. "Around 7 in the evening or something.", he replied. "Why?", Archie asked as his ear twitched.
"Oh um... I was just curious.", Krel hesitatingly answered. He took out his phone and checked the time. It was 2:00 in the afternoon. He groaned and buried his face in a pillow.

"Why don't you go watch TV or something?", Archie suggested.
"I'm not in the mood.", Krel replied with a light groan.
"How about you explore the apartment? It IS your first time staying here.", Archie suggested again.

Hearing this, Krel's face lighted up a bit. "Fine...", he said as he stood up. "So...where do I start?" he asked.

"Anywhere you want.", Archie replied with a faint smile.

Krel immediately rushed toward the balcony and stared in awe at the magical runes inscribed on the wall. He then made his way downstairs and entered the storage room where Douxie places his amplifiers and other stuff for performing. A lot of wires are scattered all over the floor. Krel carefully made his way through the mess as he saw a magnificent dragon carving etched on the wall. Archie just happened to be passing by at that exact moment and stopped at the entrance before clearing his throat. "Are you gonna eat lunch or anything?", he asked, "Your soup will get cold.", he continued. "Oh... yeah, in a minute or so.", Krel replied.

"Alright.", Archie said as he flew back to the kitchen.

Just as Archie left, Krel saw something shimmer in the corner of the room. He walked towards it and picked the object up. It looked like a long, thin, black stick with a rectangular end. He looked at it with curiosity as he waved it around. Then, Archie returned to check in on Krel. "Hey, didn't you hear me?" Arch said as he rolled his eyes, "I don't want Douxie to know you've been poking around his- OH MY!", Archie yelled upon seeing Krel with the crop in his hands.

"Krel...put...that...down.", Archie paced. "Uh...why? It looks cool.", Krel replied. "What is this for, anyway?", he asked.

"I guess it's best if you don't know. Now hurry, your soup is getting cold.", Archie responded as he tries to push Krel out of the room. "Okay...okay, fine.", Krel grumbled as he walked out, the crop still in his hands.

"Hey!", Archie yelped as he went after him. "Put that back.", Archie ordered as he tugged on Krel's shirt. "Tell me what it's for and I MIGHT put it back.", Krel responded with a grin.

"NO!", Archie replied with a shudder. "Fine, I'll ask someone else instead.", Krel said as he took out his phone and took a pic of the crop. "Here.", Krel said as he dropped it on Archie's back, making him hiss from the impact. Krel sat down and sent the pic to his sister.

"Hey Aja, got any idea what this is?", Krel typed as he messaged her. Within a few seconds, Aja replied.

"Sorry, little brother, I'm kinda busy at the moment. Let's talk later...okay?", Aja replied with a smiley face emoji at the end.
"Also, that looks very interesting.", Aja sent another text, "Could you send me one too?", she continued.

Krel rolled his eyes and ate as Archie rested on the counter. He looked at his boyfriend's familiar and smiled at him. Oh, how he wished Douxie was there to cuddle him from behind and maybe even hum a tune as he gently caressed his hair. Krel then shook his head as he nudged his forehead, taking a spoonful of soup before staring at the horizon as time slowly passes.