22

Jiwoon asked, frowning a little as he wiped his eyes. Hyeji looked at him and thought about her words. 

"He... was attacked by his parents but I don't know why" She half-lied, hiding the part which Michael had requested to not tell Jiwoon. 
The boy sighed as he massaged his forehead, his worry for the younger evident so clearly. 

"What happened!?" 

Hyeji and Jiwoon looked at the figure who came running into the hallway, slightly panting and he gasped when he saw the girl.

"Wait- why are YOU here?" He asked, pointing at Hyeji and the girl tapped on the seat beside her, signaling him to take a seat beside her.

"Fuck... I can't believe that they'd do that" Minho breathed out when Hyeji told them what had happened, and he was impressed by how she tricked them by pretending to be a cop.

"Thank goodness you were there... He could've been.." Jiwoon started sobbing quietly again and Hyeji pouted a little as she pats him softly. Minho watched the girl with confusion but then stood up to comfort his friend. 

The boy made Jiwoon stand up and shook his friend a little. 

"Hey, look, whatever happened, happened okay? let's go get something to eat and distract ourselves yeah? there's a cafe ten steps away" Minho said, smiling a little at the boy and he slowly nodded, reluctantly, but knowing that his friend was right.

Hyeji watched as Minho took Jiwoon away and sighed a little as she pouted and grabbed her own tummy. She was going to get some corn dogs from the little shop in the park earlier but she never got to that part. So she was actually hungry. But there was no way she'd ask Minho if she could come-

"Hey, Hyeji?" Hyeji looked up and tilted her head to Minho's voice which came from a few feet away. The boy turned around to face her, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Wanna join us? I mean since you..."  The boy scoffed and shrugged at his own words, looking down at the floor and kicking on some invisible paper ball he imagined being there at that moment.

Hyeji's eyes lit up and she smiled. Quickly making sure that she wasn't giving that much of a reaction, she replied with a nod and got up from the seats.