"Emmy, I've missed you." He mutters burying his face in her hair. Walking over to them I wrap my arms around both of them not surprised when Lilas joins us, not knowing when we'll truly be together again we'll take what we can get.

"Well I'm glad to see that you're putting my gift to good use." A familiar voice says not far from where we're standing. It's a voice that even though I haven't heard it in over two thousand years I'll never forget it.

"Mother." I pull away from the hug and turn around coming face to face with my mother's dragon form. She's lying down watching us fondly although with her size she's still having to look down at us, being the Dragon Goddess she's the largest ever recorded dragon although myself and some of my siblings come close.

"My son." She replies shifting into her human form so that she's able to draw me into a short hug before pulling back holding my head between her hands, "It's good to see you. Now introduce me."

Nodding I take Emmy and Bel's hands pulling them forward slightly, mother has met Lilas before and was there when we received our Stones declaring us Soulmates. But I can introduce Emmy and Bel to her for the first time something that I never thought I'd get to do.

"Mother these are my mates Emilia and Belath. Kitten, Bel this is my mother Sadan the Dragon Goddess." They bow and curtsy in greeting but mother just waves them off in favour of hugging them.

"It is nice to meet you both properly." She says as she releases them from the hug. I don't know what she means by 'properly' though, she's never met them at all. Noticing our confused looks mother lets out a brief laugh. "Just because we left doesn't mean we haven't been watching."

"Sadan is right. We've been keeping an eye on you all over the years." Another familiar voice adds from not far away, "And we can only apologise for how long the two of you had to wait for your other two mates."

"Grandfather." Lilas breathes out rushing over and hugging him. "Emmy, Bel this is my grandfather Filarion the Elf God." I'm glad to see them both again but this isn't making any sense why they have decided to visit us now. Bel and Emmy are quiet and seem to be in shock, not that I can blame them after all by the time they were born the Gods were little more than stories and legends so meeting two Gods at the same time is something they couldn't have even imagined.

"Mother, forgive me but why now?" I ask needing answers. Sighing she nods walking to some nearby seats and sitting down indicating for us to do the same. Obeying we walk over taking our own seats although we stay close together wanting to be as close as possible for as long as we can.

"As Filarion said we're sorry that we made you wait so long to find your mates. We have seen how difficult it was for you all having to wait so long to be together and now to be separated so soon after finding each other. So with the agreement of the other Gods we gave you a blessing." Mother tells us looking pointedly at Emmy's stomach making it clear what their blessing is, the baby.

"With you being separated at the moment though we felt that you should have the chance to be together to celebrate. We did leave it until Emilia and Lilas's letter reached Ruikor and Belath so you have told them yourselves but now you get to enjoy it together." Filarion adds from where he's sat next to mother.

"Thank you." Emmy whispers smiling at mother and Filarion.

"We're family Emilia and personally we've also been awaiting the day that Kor and Lilas found all of their mates. That's why the two of us are here, for the chance to meet you and Belath rather than just watching you. After all we chose you both for Kor and Lilas." Mother continues letting us know the reason why the two of them are here.

Both mother and Filarion give us some space after that retreating to the other side of the hall. It leaves the four of us sat next to each other not sure exactly how long we have together after all it's not often that the Gods give gifts like this even to their own family. I've not heard of any of my siblings receiving visits after finding their mates so it just raises the question of what makes us different.