MSMC Bk 3 - Chapter 23

Začít od začátku

"I will. Tell Jeremy to come straight back here once you have your luggage and car. Dinner is going to be ready soon. I hope you guys are hungry." Sally said.

"Yes! We haven't eaten since breakfast early this morning. I'm sure we will be there soon." Millie said before she hung up.

"Is Sharon already at Sally's?" Millie asked her son as he drove us to the car rental pick up point. She was in the back with her granddaughter, who chatted to her grandmother all the way.

"Yes, ma'am. Sharon and Sally have been up since early this morning cooking and they both stayed up late last night. We stayed in their extra guest room last night." Jeremy replied and I was impressed with the respect he showed his mother.

"Well, she told me to tell you that once we have our car, to go straight back to their house because dinner will be ready soon." Millie told him.

"I've already been to the store so that we can do. The house has smelled so good the past two days and Sally just served cereal for breakfast this morning." Jeremy said, with a pout that made him look like a little boy with a beard that he kept well shaped. Before long, he was pulling into the car rental pick up lot.

I was able to use the electronic kiosk to pick up our vehicle, a Jeep
Cherokee, and after making sure of its condition, that the tank was full of gas, that it had four wheel drive as well as tire chains, Millie and I got in and we followed Jeremy to her daughters house.

When we pulled up to her house about 20 minutes outside of Denver city limits, I was very impressed with the large house. It was a log cabin style on the outside with a wide front porch that ran all the way across the front of the house with a wide staircase running up to it. It looked like a nice mountain ski lodge.

A young woman stepped out onto the porch that just had to be Sally. It was like looking at Millie 25 years ago. She was an exact duplicate of her mother with lovely chestnut brownish hair, hazel eyes and a "womanly" figure. She was followed closely by another young woman who was slightly taller and had ginger red hair and big brown eyes and a knockout figure. She could easily be a magazine model except that her nose was rather large for the rest of her face and she had small thin lips.

Millie hugged them both and then said "Come on, let's go inside to make introductions. It's too cold out here." The wind had picked up a little and the sky was already getting dark like we might get even more snow than the two feet they already had on the ground. As soon as we were inside the foyer, Sally and Sharon took our coats and then Millie did the introductions.

"Dave, this is my daughter, Sally and this other lovely lady is my daughter in law, Sharon. Girls, this is my fiance, Dr. Dave Conners." Millie said.

"Nice to meet you both. You have a very impressive home. I love the log lodge look." I said as I shook hands with each of them.

Just then, the last adult joined us carrying a small boy on his hip. This had to be Doug. He was almost as tall as me, was more muscular than Jeremy and had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes and a nice smile.

"Dr. Conners, this is my husband, Doug. Doug, this is mom's fiance, Dr. Dave Conners." Sally introduced us.

"Very nice to meet you, Dr. Conners. Welcome to our home." Doug said and gave me a firm handshake as he looked me directly in the eyes.

"Thank you but please all of you, call me Dave or I'm going to feel like I'm at work." I said.

"Well, come on in and have some coffee to warm you up. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes but I have to get the kids settled in their places first." Sally said as she led us into the large open plan living area.