One step more

Tw- this whole chapter is one big Tw so you know the drill, don't read if your easily triggered |!! Also i would like to say that this is the second or third last chapter.

Previously...

I pulled out my T-phone and scrolled through it for a while, after all there's nothing I can do right now. When i look up again i saw that time had flown by, now only 3 hour remained, which meant I should start getting ready to leave.

How do I do that you ask. Well even though they hated me, I want to write them all a letter, but I don't know what to say in them, what would i say to them? Now actually giving it proper attention, this is so hard to do.

After all, there's so much I want to say, and yet i can't put any of it into the right words, but I'm sure it'll come to me. 

1 hour remaining. All the letters were finally finished, and folded. All i had to do now was wait, and wait and wait... and suddenly time seemed to slow right down to a painful pace. 

Mikey's pov

As I only had 40mins remaining, I decided it was time to leave. Everyone was asleep so making my way up to the surface would be a breeze. However I still needed to leave the letters I wrote at their doors. So I stood from my current position and grabbed everything I needed, which wasn't much.

My heart was beating so quickly and my legs were shaking. Not much longer. I started by putting the letter to Leo outside his door. Splinter's, Raph, and Donnie followed. I was already half way down the sewer tunnel before I realized it because everything seemed to be moving so quickly.

But I stopped for a moment. Honestly this felt so weird, was I actually going through with this?

My cheeks stung a little as I slapped them, clearing my mind of a doubt I had left. Why on earth would I think this wasn't the best choice.
So I resumed my journey, and climbed up the ladder to the surface once I had reached it.

I pushed the manhole cover up and across the floor as I pulled myself out from the ground.

Now I had the fun task of finding a nice tall building that would ensure I didn't survive, that would be awful. I scanned the city from where I stood and found the perfect building not too far away.

So, without a second thought I made my way there, reaching it in no time. I climbed up and once I reached the top I took a nice deep breath.
The air sure was nice around this time, speaking of I checked my T-phone to see how much longer I had.

The time read 4:38am. I sigh, but it was okay. I decided to just sit at the edge and savor my surroundings for the last time. 

Was I nervous? What a silly question, of course I am. Who wouldn't be when all that was standing between you and death was a single step. My heart was pounding in my chest, yet my mind was calm. It was such a foreign feeling that I couldn't put it into words.  

Now that i was finally giving up, it was like all my past mistakes were no longer on my mind, and in its place flashed memories I had long forgotten. Ones of young, innocent Mikey. Of the turtle i used be before the fighting, before the harmful words and actions, and long before the time my brothers grew to resent me. 

I didn't realize how quickly time had passed as it was only a few minutes from 5am. I remove my belt, and my mask, tying it around my nun chucks as I wouldn't need these anymore and set them down beside me.

This was it.

I'd finally be at peace with myself after enduring everything for so long. All the aggravation, pain and awful contemplations  will be no more. Everyone who hated me will be happy and relieved.