"Yooo, whassup Kwan?" I heard from the back of the room. I looked and spotted Travis, the running back on our football team.  I walked up to him and dapped him.

"Whassup, T?"

"Not much. You ready for the game tonight? I'm tryna fry me some chicken tonight." he said, causing us both to laugh.

The St. Mary's Hawks were our rivals and sworn enemies. We hated them and they hated us. Their mascot was the hawk but since we hated them, and ended up beatin them every time we played them, we would make a bunch of chicken jokes.

"Hell yeah I'm ready. Shit, I been craving some hot wings all day, my nigga." I said, making us laugh even harder. Jasmine walked up to us and looked back and forth between the two of us.

"Y'all are so corny, omg." she said, sitting down next to Travis. He looked over at her and blew her a kiss.

"Whassup, Jaz? Why you ain't call a nigga? I'm tryna put in ya life, gurh !" he said getting up in her face. The look on Jasmine's face made me chuckle as I sat on her other side.

"Nigga, back the fuck up first of all, and second, what could you possibly put in my life? Word on the street is that you look almost like a ken doll up under those jeans." she said, makin me chuckle even harder. Jasmine could be trill as hell when she wanted to be.

"Fuck outta here! Whoever started that rumor was perpin, on my moms, yo. Shit, I'll pull it out and show you." Travis said, standing up and beginning to unbuckle his belt.

"Noooo, no, no, no. I do not wanna see that shit, yo." I said, looking in the opposite direction.

"Eww, me neither." said Jaz, gagging.

"Why? Scared it's gone jump out nad smack you in the face?" he asked her with a chuckle as he sat back down.

"No, just ain't tryna have that mental picture stuck in my head." she said.

"I can find another place to stick it if you let me." he said, cooly. Jasmine was beginning to get flushed and I grinned. Jasmine put up a good front but only I knew how Jasmine truly was when she was turned on. I been thinkin for a while that Jaz had a thing for Travis, she just did little subtle shit to show it. Like how she chose to sit next to him instead of with her usual clique of friends. She liked him but was playin it off. And all this sex talk was makin her hot. I decided to give her a break.

"Yo, chill. But anyways, you comin to J's party tonight? He said he got somebody to provide the drinks and his Uncle Tony is chaperone, and you know what that mean!" I asked, changin the subject.

"Hell yeah, booze and no supervision? I'M IN THERE." he said dappin me.

"Like muvfuckin swim wear, yo." he finished. I laughed and looked over at Jaz.

"Jizzy, you goin?" I asked her. She laid her head on my shoulder.

"Kwan, I'm in a mood. Give me something sweet." she said. I felt around in my pocket for a piece of candy to give her. Sometimes she gets these low, depressed mood swings and the only thing that will make her feel better is sweet food. I make it my job to carry around candy just for her. I pulled out a piece and handed it to her before she unwrapped it.

"Thank you." she said, popping the caramel hard candy into her mouth.

"It's nothin." I replied. She was quiet for a second before she replied.

"Yeah, if you give me a ride."

"I got you."

"Okay."

"Yo, who is that? She kinda sexy..." said Travis, staring hard in the direction of the room door. I looked passed him and standing in the treshold of the door was none other than the girl from this morning, except she was bent over, picking up books and papers that she must have dropped. Her skirt rose up as she bent down, almost revealing her underwear but never going that far. After she had picked up all her things, the bell rang and she searched for a seat. She turned in different directions searching for an empty seat until her eyes landed on the one next to mine. She stared at it for a second before her eyes darted around the room, like she wanted nothing more than to not sit next to me. She finally found another empty seat and frantically made her way to it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sort of salty. What was her problem with me? Why did she do everything she could to avoid me?

As I thought, the teacher walked into the room and began talking. I paid no mind though, my thoughts were on the girl. I watched her from across the room. She wasn't bad looking to be honest, she was just sort of sloppy. Like she didn't care about her appearance. Her hair was up in a messy bun, fly-aways stickin up every which way and tendrils of curls falling out from every angle. Her clothes were the traditional uniform, plaid skirt, basic black shoes, white collar shirt, women's tie, and a cardigan. But a lot of girls here put their own swag on their uniforms, dressed it up made it look cute. She seemed to not even know what swag meant. And her glasses were the icing on the cake. They were out of date and made her head look huge. But even after all that, she was still a nice looking girl. Her uniform hugged her curves just enough for a guy to imagine what was underneath and she had legs for days. She might have potential.

The question is though... potential for what?