grapejuice

~all of these fics can be found on my tumblr @myhealthymarvelobsession

*peter and serena are 17 and 18
~ you are reading part 3
~ a cute date between serena and peter (told from peter's perspective because why not)
~ for reference, spider-man: far from home has not happened, and we're gonna pretend maria hill doesn't know that peter is spider-man

Yesterday, it finally came, a sunny afternoon
I was on my way to buy some flowers for you (ooh)
Thought that we could hide away in a corner of the heath
There's never been someone who's so
perfect for me

blue hydrangeas, her favorite. i was nervous, to say the least. i've never formally met serena's parents; i only talked to her mom for a few minutes before homecoming. i was taking serena on a picnic - indoors, of course. it was already set up at me and may's apartment.

i knew it wasn't anything fancy. i could've just asked her to meet at my place. but i wanted to make it special. serena is just so perfect, so amazing. she's usually closed off and reserved, but i think she's opening up to me. at least, i hope she's opening up to me.

But I got over it and I said
Give me somethin' old and red"
I pay for it more than I did bac
k then

i knocked on her apartment door, attempting to slow my breathing. my heart dropped when i saw who answered the door.

"kid? what're you doing here?" sam the-guy-i-webbed-to-an airport-floor wilson, was my girlfriend's dad.

this is like sophomore year all over again, i thought to myself.

"i'm here for serena, sir."

he scrunched his eyebrows, unsure of how to handle the situation. he closed the door and stepped into the hallway.

"does she know?" he asked me intensely.

"no. i haven't told her."

"be careful with her peter. she's tough, and she can handle herself - she's my kid for heaven's sake - but even the best of us get in dangerous situations."

"i will. i will."

sam nodded, opening the door and letting me in.

"hey, kid." serena's mom said. "i'll go get her."

i nodded, hoping my sweaty hands weren't ruining the flowers. serena emerged from her room wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, boots, and a green-and-white cardigan.

she looked absolutely beautiful.

There's just no gettin' through
Without you
A bottle of rou
ge
Just me and you

"aww you got me flowers." she said, her eyes lighting up as she took them. she gave them to her mom to put in a vase.

she gave me a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek before turning to sam.

"have fun, be back in 2 hours."

"not too much fun though." maria added.

we laughed and left the apartment, hands intertwined and in my coat pocket. serena started rambling about the map she started drawing up for her road trip. she wanted to spend the summer traveling the country, then figure out the rest later. one thing was for sure: she wasn't going to college anytime soon.

Sittin' in the garden, I'm a couple glasses in
I was tryna count up all the places we've been
You're always there, so don't overthink
I'm so over whites
and pinks

"oh pete, it's beautiful." serena gushed when we entered the apartment.

the couch had been moved against the wall, and there were blankets laid out on the floor. popcorn was waiting for us, along with all of me and serena's favorite snacks. instead of pulling up Netflix, i looked around for some old musicals and movies on dvd - serena is really nostalgic.

"i'm glad you like it."

I pay for it more than I did back then

There's just no gettin' through
Without you
A bottle of rouge
Just me and you
1982
Just me and you
There's just no gettin' through
The grape juic
e blues

about 2 and a half movies in, serena got a call from her dad.

"date night? does that mean i can stay a little longer?"

i looked down at serena's phone as if willing her father to say yes. when she beamed up at me, i knew what the answer was.

"how long?" i asked.

"they'll come get me when they're done."

"so the whole night?" i joked.

serena moved closer to me, pulling the blanket tighter around out bodies.

"yeah. the whole night."