music for a sushi restaurant

~this can also be found on my tumblr @myhealthymarvelobsession

*peter and serena are 17 and 18
~ peter parker can't take his eyes off the pretty girl at the sushi restaurant (lowercase intended)

Ba, ba-bab
Ba-ba, ba-ba

Green eyes, fried rice I could cook an egg on you 
Late night, game time
Coffee on the stove, yeah
You're sweet ice cream
But you could use a Flake or two
Blue bubblegum tw
isted 'round your tongue

it was a saturday night, the high school football game wrapping up. for serena wilson, this was a chance to earn a little extra money for her summer road trip. hordes of students flooded into the sushi restaurant two blocks away from midtown high school. one of those students happened to be peter parker.

he never intended to go to the restaurant, he was already running late for his nightly patrol around queens. but when ned and mj practically dragged him the two blocks, he couldn't refuse. they took a seat near the back window, the tea lights on the table barely illuminating their faces. the restaurant had a cozy atmosphere, and the group looked through their menus trying to decide on what to eat.

enter serena, chewing her favorite blue-flavored bubblegum. after dealing with snobby rich kids insistent on ordering half the menu and the students who had no idea what to eat (but didn't want any recommendations), serena felt happy when she saw the group at the last table. she wasn't close with any of the trio, but they were friendly to her.

"welcome to ami's sushi. what can i get you all today?" she said cheerfully.

peter practically perked up at the sound of her voice. her mask was covering part of her face, but her eyes were the prettiest he'd ever seen. a deep brown, they sparkled in the *dim* light. her hair was in a pineapple style, the green tips barely visible. he only realized he was staring when mj snapped in his face.

"you gonna order or what?" she asked.

"oh shoot, i'm so sorry! uh...i'll get the..." peter struggled as he realized he never actually decided on what he wanted. "i'll start with a coffee."

"got it, one coffee. i'll be back with your orders."

peter watched, mesmerized, as serena walked away from the table.

I don't want you to get lost
I don't want you to go broke
I
want you

he left an extra large tip on the table for serena. he knew it would earn him endless teasing from his two best friends, but so what? he was sprung.

It's 'cause I love you, babe
In every kind of way
Just a little taste
Know I lo
ve you, babe

it became a tradition in the group. no matter how tired ned and mj were after a school football game, peter would insist on dragging them to the sushi restaurant for a glimpse of the pretty girl with the butterfly locs.

Ba, ba-ba
Ba-ba, ba-ba (You know I love you, babe)
Ba, ba-ba
Ba-ba, ba-ba

Excuse me, green tea
Music for a sushi restaurant
From ice on rice
Scuba-duba-do-boo-boo
Music for a sushi restaurant 
Music for whatever yo
u want 
Scuba-duba-do-boo-boo

serena was the first one to introduce herself. while it wasn't rare for her to see somebody at school at the sushi restaurant, she couldn't help but notice the trio that always sat in the corner by the hanging plants. on this particular rainy day, peter decided to stop and get sushi instead of delmar's before his patrol.

"where are your friends?" serena asked him.

"oh. they had decathlon practice." he replied.

"cool. i'm assuming you want the usual?"

"sure."

serena scribbled the order - coffee and a salad - on her pad. "what's your name anyways?"

"peter. peter parker."

"well, peter parker, i'm serena." she introduced herself.

"i know." he said.

I'm not going to get lost
I'm not going to go broke
Staying cool (Know I lov
e you, babe)

Ba, ba-ba
Ba-ba, ba-ba (You know I love you, babe)
Ba, ba
-ba Ba-ba, ba-ba

If the stars were edible
And our hearts were never full
Could we live with just a taste?
Just a taste

it wasn't until homecoming season that he made a move. the school was abuzz with anticipation, spirit week just ending. serena used a bit of her savings to buy a dress. she was walking out of the bathroom after changing into her work clothes when she bumped into somebody.

"oh shoot, i'm so sorry." the person said.

"it's fine, peter." serena said, recognizing the voice.

he looked up at her, helping her pick up her bag. "you on your way to work?"

"yeah, you plannin' on stopping by later?"

"i can't today, but maybe after homecoming we could." peter said before he could stop himself.

"we?" serena raised an eyebrow.

"yeah. you know...i could pick you up and take you to the dance, then i could treat you to some sushi."

"and if i say no?"

"well...-i"

serena laughed. "i'm messing with you peter. i'd love to go to homecoming with you."

"alright. see you then."

serena gave him a nod and walked away. the grin wouldn't leave her face all day.

It's 'cause I love you, babe
In every kind of way
Just a little taste
Know I lo
ve you, babe

Ba, ba-ba
Ba-ba, ba-ba (You know I love you, babe)
Ba, ba
-ba
Ba-ba, ba-ba