Prologue

Prologue

A/N - Please read the prologue, it is necessary in understanding elements of the rest of the story.

If you had read my Aemond imagine called Doomsday, you will recognize similarities in this fic, especially in the prologue. I promise, however, that besides this chapter, it will be much more expanded on and different from Doomsday. Major plot points will be changed, previously written scenes will be changed. So if you read something you recognize, don't skip it, and also try not to connect it to Doomsday. However, I will be reusing some elements that I think work really well.

Also, for anyone wondering, I most likely will make a part two to Doomsday, which will be up at some point on Tumblr and Ao3, all the same username. I will also continue to answer requests. My @ is in_my_feels_probably on Wattpad and Ao3, and in-my-feels probably on Tumblr.

Please, do not read my fic if you think any of the following will trigger you. I will include as many tags and trigger warnings as I can in the beginning, but this is your pre warning that this fic will deal with the following: mentions and allusions to sex, potential smut, swearing, depression and suicide, character death, miscarriage, trauma, toxic relationships, Targaryen incest, violence, and gore.

At the beginning of hard chapters, I'll include any warnings I can at the top in an author's note. Please, let me know if I missed any triggers. If you'd rather read something shorter and a little more lighthearted, but with familiar plotlines, read Doomsday.

If I have nothing too important to say, the author's notes will be at the bottom of the chapters.

I am asking that you don't translate or upload my fic anywhere else without my permission, but if you mention it anywhere, let me know on Wattpad or Tumblr, I'd love to see.

With that said, that's all I have left important to explain beforehand. I will try and update as regularly as I can. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to comment or message me and let me know. I really hope you enjoy it!

Now presenting...the Prologue for We're Burned For Better

Anya Taylor Joy as AELORA VELARYON, biological daughter of RHAENYRA TARGARYEN and SER HARWIN STRONG.

Adoptive daughter of SER LAENOR VELARYON, accepted as his own by DAEMON TARGARYEN.

Twin sister to JACAERYS VELARYON, kin to the BLACKS.

Lover to AEMOND TARGARYEN.