prologue

"Mama can i help broadcast?" Three year old Ezra bridger asked.

"No Ezra. Not ever. We went over this." Mira Bridger stated. She ruffled his long dark blue locks.

"Pleaseeeeeee!!!" Ezra begged.

"Ezra." Mira scolded. Ezra backed down as he grinned big at his mother. He peaked over the counter at her as she was chopping up some meiloorun fruit.

"It looks weird." Ezra said as he scrunched up his nose.

Mira just smiled at her son. Admiring the parallels of him and his father Ephraim bridger.

Remembering about her husband made her brows furrow. Where was he? Its been a couple of hours and it was almost dark out now. He usually was home by now... could something have happened? The idea made her uneasy... she was tense and subconsciously on edge thinking about stormtroopers crashing through their door any moment now. But maybe she was just paranoid from their last broadcast... it was a bit strong... she has been a bundle of anxiety ever since...

But she had this feeling.... like the force was telling her something... and she never brushed those feelings away ever.

"Ezra." Mira suddenly boomed.

The three-year-old jumped slightly from his playing place on the ground. He only had 3 toys in total and was playing with them. His favorite was the very small stuffed loth cat. The other 2 were force sensitive toys that were rare nowadays and once used in the jedi temple. One was a ball that worked kinda like a dream catcher but opposite. It would make it more likely to have visions in your sleep, usually about little things. And the other was a mood crystal inside a figurine of what appeared to be some sort of 'angel'. It would sence strong emotion and would change color the stronger the bond was with the object.

"If anything happens to us, lay low and dont trust anyone. Do you understand me?" Mira asked.

Ezra had no idea what this actually ment but wanting to please his mother and go back to playing he nodded.

Mira continued to cut the vegetables again when she suddenly froze. Ezra sensed it too and looked up at his mother. They both looked tword the door where they started to hear voices and runing footsteps.

Mira didn't hesitate as she grabbed her son and practically threw him down the hidden hole. Throwing his toys after him and closing the hold with the fake cushion again. Leaving the child in complete darkness terrified.

The boy didn't dare move. He head the shots, the screams, the yells of the stormtroopers, all of it. Suddenly the confirmation was over and ezra could hear them destroying the place and slowly getting closer.

Thats when he was shocked back to reality. He felt the bag that was left by him earlier in the day and quickly put his toys in it. He quickly crawled deeper into the hidden room in the darkness. He felt for the vent pannel and opened it. As he crawled inside light came from above.

the stormtroopers found the secret room.

He quickly closed it behind him as he saw the feet of a stormtrooper climbing down.

He hugged his stuffed loth cat as he listened. he shook in fear.

"Down here!" Yelled the stormtrooper practically next to him.

He heard another set of feet coming down the stairs. Ezra peaked through the small vent openings. A man in a dark uniform looked around the room in disgust.

"Is the building cleared?" Yelled the man to the troopers above.

"Yes sir! No one else was in the building sir." Said the trooper in the livingroom.

"Good." The man in the dark uniform turned back to the trooper with him. "Set the bombs everywhere. Not a scrap of evidence will remain." He ordered.

"Yes sir." Said the trooper. The man in the dark uniform nodded and went back up.

Ezra knew what that ment as the trooper obayed orders and started placing bombs in the small room. Ezra quietly and cautiously started crawling down the vent. As soon as he heard the trooper go up the ladder all the way he no longer cared about being quiet.

He traveled through the vents and found the exit leading to the back ally just behind the house. As he was half way out of the opening the house suddenly exploded. Slaming him into the back boarder wall of the city.

He slammed hard to the ground with debris falling onto him and brusing him.

He faded into unconsciousness as he heard screams from his mother from somewhere. But he couldn't distinguish where she was based off it..

and soon darkness and the cold surrounded him......

A/n

12/8/22

Word count: 796