𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒- 𝐴 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡

Start from the beginning

"Hey." Wheeler spoke as they both claimed their seats, pulling them under the table in comfort. "I see that Steve's still waiting."

Her head tilted back in gesture.

"Yeah- yeah, he is. I guess she must be a bit late."
Robin was a bit weak at lying.

"I see, I see. Did you drive here?"

"Steve did. He stayed over last night."

Nancy blinked.
"Oh- yes, I forgot- can you still not drive?"

"Nope. I don't think I'd trust myself with a fully moving vehicle, anyway."

A faint and truthful laugh.

"Well, let me know if you ever go for the tests. I can help you out with a few pointers."

"Huh... thanks!"

"Of course- it's a tricky thing, but gets easier in time... do you want to get a drink?"

Robin smiled at the thought of Nancy helping her out. Perhaps then she could actually leave Hawkins like she'd always wanted to. Even though the party was the glue that was keeping her there (and the obvious lack of getaway car), she knew that she'd have to pry herself away from them someday. Today, though, was not the day.

"Uh, yeah, I'll get a drink. Are you getting one?"

Nancy nodded.
"Yeah, can do. I'll order- any ideas of what you're getting?"

Robin pondered for a moment, elbows leaning on table as she propped her head onto her hand.
"Uh, I'll just get a lemonade, please."

"Alrighty- I'll be right back."

Robin nodded and watched as Nancy strolled her way over to the spot next to Steve so she could order. Although she couldn't hear them, the faint mouth movements signalled for easy conversation; a light and quick greeting. Wheeler spoke to Steve, and then the bartender, and then Steve again while she waited.

The staff member turned his back to them both, dispensing their beverages into glasses and swiftly passing them over the wooden counter. Nancy then said goodbye to the man, turned back towards Robin, and met contact with the table once more.

"Here you go- one lemonade."

Robin smiled as she grabbed the cold, condensation-covered glass.
"Thanks- what did you get, the same?"

"Gin."

"Oh."

Nancy chuckled at Robin's face. Buckley had never been an avid fan of alcohol.

"Yes, very much not lemonade."

"Well, I hope you enjoy your... not lemonade."

"And I hope you enjoy your... lemonade."

The two women laughed, but it was soon diminished when the real reason for coming was remembered. Nancy cleared her throat after taking a sip and placed down her glass, straightening her posture and crossing her arms over the table.

"So, then," she began, "I guess you'll want to know everything?"

The atmosphere immediately shifted in its ways. It was no longer a room full of jolly, six-p.m drinkers, but more a cold room with only two occupants. Yet again, it was Robin and Nancy, Nancy and Robin.

"You tell me whatever you want to say. I can be trusted with it, Nancy. I'll keep quiet."

The woman bit the inside of her lip.
"I know, I know. So, what do you want to know?"