CH 24 || The Curses

Start from the beginning

******

Aahir

******

"You are like your father, a monster, just like him."

Lisa's statement was running in a loop, inside my head. Every word of it was sonorous and clear that was making me despise myself. She had emotions full of odiousness in her eyes when she compared me with the one I detested with every cell in my body. She referred to me as a monster which didn't bother me, but the thing that made me question whether I was on the right track or not was when she compared me with the man responsible for my miseries and pain.

He was the one because of whom my mother died. Even though she killed herself but for me, it was a murder. Along with my so-called biological father, Kohlis were equally responsible, all of them.

I was staring at the ceiling, lying straight on the bed, reminiscing.

With my eyes closed, I could still picture the day he stepped into my life. If only I would have read the pain in my mother's eyes then, things would have been different, she would have been alive.

******

FLASHBACK

******

"Mom, why did you bring me here?" I had questioned her when all at once she had taken me to an amusement park. She never took me there before, even after my several pleas but that day she seemed different.

I was only eight then, didn't know who my father was, and would always feel a void.

Whenever I would see my friends with their fathers I would feel hurt and jealous. I tried asking my mother but she would always dodge. That day too she was circumventing my every question, even the reason to take me to a place she was not in the favour of taking me prior.

She wasn't herself that day but I couldn't figure out why she was divergent from her actual self. I was just a kid who was exhilarated with the fact that I was finally at my dream place. I didn't bother when she didn't answer me.

"Mom, take me there." I pointed to the huge Ferris wheel.

"I will," she said meekly. She informed me we were to meet someone there. After kicking heels for around fifteen minutes, a man five feet eleven inches tall arrived. He stood at a distance and smiled at me.

His eyes were just like me, deep black ones. Even his hair was gelled up like mine.

"Hi, Aahir." He said. I was instructed not to talk to strangers but something was familiar about him. I looked up at my mother, scooted closer to her, and asked, "Who is he, Mom?"

"I am your father." I heard him. I observed the man and the similarity made me think whether what he said was true. My heartbeat had expedited like anything. A big part of me wanted that news to be true. How silly of me that I couldn't picture the bastard masked by a pretence of a loving father.

Mom stayed numb, didn't say anything.

"Is he my father?" I asked her again. When she didn't reply I held her hand and pulled for her to take a gander at me, calling her, "Mom."

I caught her attention eventually and she replied, "Yes, he is."

I failed to decipher her painful, unsaid, and concealed words,' Do not go to him. He will hurt you.'

Excitedly, I turned to him. He had bent down on his knees, opening his arms for me and I ran to hug the beast. I thought my family was complete but that was the day when the ruination was entangled with our destiny.