3

JUNGKOOK POV

I groaned when my phone rang a week later and I saw the caller ID.

I knew there was no point in ignoring it, no matter how much I might want to.

I doubted I could stand another visit from my father so soon after the last one.

My bruises were still healing from the reminder to respect my mom beating he had given me two days ago.

Resigned, I picked up my cell phone and answered. "Hello, Mom."

"Jungkook."

"I was just getting ready to jump in the shower, Was there some thing you wanted?"

If she asked for more money this month, she was out of luck.

I'd spent the last of it buying a loaf of bread and I wouldn't get paid for another week, I was really starting to loathe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

"I wanted to talk to you about your sister."

"Of course you do."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You never call to ask how I am doing, what I've been up to or anything."

"It's only about my sister, It's always about my sister."

I was really starting to get fed up with being a second-class citizen in my own family.

I was also starting not to care that my father would come over and beat the shit out of me for it.

He seemed to come visit even when he was bored, so what did it matter?

"Really Jungkook, that any sort of attitude to have with me after everything your father and I have done for you?"

A burst of shocked laughter shot out of my mouth. "What have you ever done for me?"

Good god, where was all of this anger coming from?

Granted, this was how I really felt but I had never had the guts to say anything about it before.

Now, I couldn't seem to keep my mouth shut.

Yay me!

"I raised you!"

"No! I raised me, You and Dad were always off spending time with your precious little angel."

"You never had time for me."

"I had to make my own meals since I was six years old."

"I've had to pay for them since I was fifteen."

"How is that raising me?"

"Don't you feel a shred of gratitude towards us?"

"Without us, you wouldn't even have a life."

"Showing a little gratitude and helping your sister is the least you could do."

"Jai has always been your golden child, Not me."

"If you need money, why don't you go ask her?" I had no doubt whatsoever that was why she was calling me.

"I don't have the money to pay off Jai's debts."

"Oh, don't worry about that."

"We've been made a great offer that makes it unnecessary for you to pay off your sister's debts."

A cold chill ran down my back.

I gripped the phone even tighter. "What?"

"There's a very wealthy man that has approached your father and I about marrying one of our children."