18 : ̗̀➛ guilt

Albedo watched as Sucrose breathed in and out, her chest rising and falling simultaneously. She looked beautiful. And although at first, he didn't really care, he could feel a growing guilt at the back of his mind. This wasn't right. It felt so wrong. But what if it wasn't? Technically, he was single. Sure, he was on a break with Y/n, but he was technically single and could do whatever he wanted.

Despite still loving Sucrose, Albedo knew he still cared for Y/n. He never stopped. But so what if he had feelings for two people at the same time? Was that so wrong of him? Maybe it was. But he couldn't help it. He didn't choose to have those feelings. And he didn't want to feel bad about it.

So with a quickness and sudden energy, Albedo found himself getting up and leaving Sucrose asleep in bed. He got dressed once more and went to a nearby shop. He bought the most extravagant bouquet of flowers he could find, the type he knew Y/n loved. He also got some their favorite snacks.

He knew he was terrible for it, but he knew he was only doing this so he wouldn't feel guilt anymore. He hoped it would work. And if it did, Y/n getting back with him, or at least not being angry at him anymore, would be a very welcome bonus.

Albedo pays and heads out. He decides it would be a good idea to get some breakfast so he drops by a cafe nearby, one he knew Y/n frequented quite a lot. He guesses it wasn't surprising to see Y/n there. Although, it did come as a surprise that Kaeya was also there. Just as Albedo began walking toward the pair, he saw how Kaeya wrapped his arm around Y/n, telling them something he couldn't quite make out but by the looks of it, it seemed Kaeya was flirting with them. The laugh that came out of Y/n, followed by the tender look they gave Kaeya, was nothing but an indication for it.

With a defeated sigh, Albedo grabbed his things and left. Unbeknownst to him however, Y/n caught sight of him.
"Where are you going?" Kaeya asked just as Y/n began walking away.
"I...saw him."
"Saw who?" Kaeya questioned.
"Albedo. It looked like he wanted to talk," Y/n said.
"I think...I think I should go after him. Maybe he's willing to work things out." They stated.
Kaeya gave them a disappointing look, "Y/n, he's hurt you so much. You know this," He said.
"But if that's what you want, I'll be right behind you." He said.
Y/n smiled warmly, "Thank you."

And so, the pair followed. They'd lost Albedo but Y/n figured he'd probably gone back home. Home, the place that used to be theirs as well. Maybe this upcoming conversation would make it a home for Y/n again. They hoped it would, they still loved him after all. However, what no one would have expected, not even Albedo, would soon come to fruition:

That of which would determine, and quite honestly ruin, the chances of Y/n reconciling with Albedo.

To Be Continued