First Day

By a miracle, the four were able to make it before the tardy bell rang. They entered into a lab and put on their lab coats and other safety gear such as goggles and gloves. The teacher walked into the room. He appeared to be in his early thirties, with black and white hair, and wearing a black shirt with a red tie, a black and white vest, black dress pants and black dress shoes on his feet. He even wore a furry black and white coat, which you thought must be very soft and warm for the winter time, red gloves that reached his wrists and holding a riding crop. The man looked at his class.

"Ah, you must be my new home room students." He said. He hummed as he observed the class. "That's quite an unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed. My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel. Now, take your seats, class is about to begin. We're going to start with the basics, and by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains. The mycelia are another matter but eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws. For now, I realize you have all the self control of voracious hounds, but I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly."

"Huh." Deuce said. "So does anyone know what a mycelia is?"

"I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know?" Ace said.

"All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones." Grim said.

"I'm just glad my new home room teacher didn't show up in a sleeping bag this time." You said.

"Wait what?" The others said, looking at you for an explanation.

"I'll tell you guys at lunch about that."

"You better (Y/N)." Ace said.

Second period was called History of Magic. You thought that this class was going to be very helpful for you. An older man walked into the room after everyone took their seats. He appeared to be in his late fifties with gray hair,  and wearing maroon robes underneath a dark gray three piece suit, he even had a white cravat one the collar of his white shirt. You were surprised to see the black and white cat he held in his hands. The teacher walked to the desk and set his cat down on it. He then looked at the class.

     "I am your History of Magic teacher, Mozus Trein, and this is my familiar, Lucius." He said. "You are here to learn the rich history of magic and how it has sculpted the world you now so easily take for granted." The cat meowed. "I grace based on classroom behavior as well as the quality of work. Don't let me catch you sleeping. Now, let us open our books to page fifteen."

     You grabbed the textbook and opened it to the assigned page. You then pulled out a notebook and opened it to the first, fresh page and a pencil for notes. You placed the book in between you and Grim.

     "This section concerns the magestones discovered in the Dwarfs' Mine." Professor Trien explained. The cat meowed again, this time louder. "As knowledge and awareness of magical energy began to spread across the globe from this point, this year is considered Year One of the Magic Era." The cat meowed before letting out a yawn. Ace yawned too.

    "Fascinating." Deuce said. He wrote down his notes. "Dwarfs' Mine, magical energy..."

    "Maaan." Grim said. "When do we get to the classes where we blow stuff up with magic?"

    "I'm pretty sure that's soon." You said as you wrote down your notes.

     Third period was P.E. You had gotten your P.E. uniform and went into the small changing room Crowley had made for you. You were extremely grateful that there was a spell to zap any peeping toms, too bad Mineta couldn't have been shocked by it. Oh well. You changed and met with the others in a wide field called the Sports Field. The uniforms remained you of prison uniforms for some reason. They consisted of black jogging pants, a white under shirt, a t-shirt the color of a dorm, and a black athletic jacket. You saw your class and seat numbers sewn above a pocket on your right side. Your colored t-shirt was a light grey color and on the other pocket on your left was the school logo.