Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The howling was cut off by the slamming of four doors. My guess was that they all got in the SUV and we were about to leave. Where to? I had no idea. No one lived near us for miles. Humans didn't even know our town existed.

Whimpering softly I try to shuffle my body around. There was no way I would shift back into my human form. Who knew what those men would do then. I was weaker in my human form and wouldn't heal as fast.

"Tom, their howls are getting closer!" Chris whimpered.

"Dammit I know. He had to have known she was out in the forest. It's the only way for them to be this close already," he cursed.

"From what our spy says, they have only spoken once before. She was then taken away by the six men she lives with. Roarke didn't get the chance to look into her eyes or touch her. Are we even sure he knows she is his mate?" Creg questioned.

How in the hell did they know I was Roarke's mate in the first place? No on in my pack knew other than the guys.

Unless someone overheard us speaking about him. That means we have a spy in our midst, as well as Roarke's pack. Two people who pretended to give all loyalty until something better came along. Back stabbing pricks is what they are.

"Lexi?" Anthony yelled through the link.

"Ant!" Why didn't I think of calling for help? What was wrong with me today?

"Where the hell are you? Are you ok? We came across the rogues scents. Following them we came to a spot full of blood; your blood. How in the hell did you bypass my command?" The fury swelling up inside him was close to bursting. If I didn't choose my words carefully he would lose all control over his human self.

I knew him better than he did sometimes.

Thinking over ways to tell him gently, I come to the conclusion that there was none. Telling him the truth was the best option.

"I called Roarke. He over ruled your order." I'm a horrible pack mate. My body flinched for the dangerous growl that would surely leave Ant's mouth.

"He what?"

I knew he heard me, but he wanted me to say it again. "He let me leave the pack house."

"You're telling me that you called your mate to have him bypass my order of protection? Instead of staying inside where no one could get to you, you ran outside and ended up getting injured? Don't get me started on being kidnapped." He was inches away from exploding. His wolf was pushing at the mind link; they both wanted to show me who the Alpha was.

"I wanted to help. If one of you had gotten hurt, I would have blamed myself." Defending myself was pointless, though I gave it a shot.

In that moment I felt the other's entering the link. Or at least letting me know they were there. The guys learned to enter my mind without me knowing years ago and have used it against me multiple times. It was how they learned some of my secrets; ones that should be left as secrets.

"Lexi, sweetheart, where are you?" Rob asked. His emotions were held at bay.

"In a black SUV. From what I saw before I was thrown in, we were on the abandon road."

"How badly are you hurt?" Being Beta, Rob steps in when Ant is struggling with his wolf.

"A lung is pierced, left hind paw is damaged and there is a bite in my side. They know I am Roarke's mate, Rob."