CHAPTER 6

Lan Qingheng-Jun was so excited to share the news with his beloved ' Di di' Lan Qiren.

Lan Qiren was so happy to hear the news that he even wanted to meet Lan Furen to congratulate her personally, he had instantly forgiven Lan Furen for almost dragging Gusu Lan clan in the mud and set his indifferences aside. Later that evening he came to Lan Qingheng-Jun and his wife Lan Furen to officially congratulate them with a budget full of fruits and herbal medicines for pregnant women's well being aswell as the unborn baby.

The whole Cloud Rescessess were overjoyed that their clan leader will have an heir, they brought in various gifts. Lan Furen was also very happy to have achieved what every woman dreams of achieving in their lives, while her husband was busy recieving gifts,she told Lan Qiren that she had already forgiven him for sending desciples to spy on her and even told Lan Qiren of her knowledge to the happenings from the very 1st day and that she didn't want to let Lan Qingheng-Jun find out about it so she had to pretend to do what she did for the desciples's safety and for the peace keeping between brothers.Lan Qiren was shocked that and then later bowed to her as an apology for his bad treatment.

Lan Xichen was born as and he was so adorable that Lan Qiren asked his parents if he could personally groom him, and he did so after their approval. When Lan Xichen was 4years old, Lan Qiren asked the elders to teach him calming music as he was a very calm child from birth, learning those skills could help him steady his emotions when he grows up and help in his cultivation. He was very talented that withing a week he could play Liebieng without straining his throat and lungs, he had learner how to control his breathing while playing and that made his uncle and parents very happy and proud.

A few months passed and Lan Furen was free to pick her favourite flowers now that Lan Qiren was helping in taking care of their son, she was still restricted in going to the forest for her pickings so she only went behind the Gusu mountain nearby with a company of a female Lan desciple. She went to the side of the river finding beautiful flowers and medicinal herbs that their baskets where filled, she had followed her grandfather's footsteps in picking herbs and flowers but she liked wild flowers because no body wanted them. She was about to leave when something happened that she couldn't ignore.

There was a strange wild flower on the other side of the river, it was beautiful and she remembered that her grandfather used to tell her stories about this beautiful flower that grew by the river bank of an uncontaminated stream. This flower doesn't grow on contaminated water as it was like a heavenly flower, it grows every 3 hundread years and the one who possessed this flower and plants itin their yard will be blessed along with her family and clan to have an abundant healthy life for generations to come.

She asked the female maiden to wait for her while she crosses the river and go to the other side of the river to pick the flower and its root. The maiden didn't mind at all, but when she had picked the flower she suddenly felt dizzy and she held her head trying to regain herself. She stumbled and was about to fall into the stream when she heard a shrieking woman's voice say ... 'at last I have found you' and she immediately stabled her herself and listened carefully, but the voice never came back again. She had thought that she was hearing things because she had not been feeling well in the past few weeks.

She had known that Lan Qingheng-Jun would again worry about her so she hid it from him and acted normal while she was around him and everyone else, she started walking towards the female maiden and and asked when she got closer to her " did you hear that? Did you hear a woman's voice while I was on the other side of the stream? " The female maiden looked at her in amazement and she confirmed her diagnosis herself, that she was indeed becoming sick again. She then told her to forget about it that maybe she was hearing things because she was tired from picking herbs and flowers for a few hours.

They got back and the maiden went to her chambers while Lan Furen walked into her silent room, she sat there wondering about the voice she heard. She felt that something was wrong and she immediately went into one of the meditation rooms and said down in a meditative posture, she lit a unique kind of incense stick which was thick and produced a thick smoke that filled the entire room in an instant, she close her eyes started meditating.

After a few hours when the incense stick was finished she opened her eyes and took 3 deep breaths, she felt better and lighter then she stood up and went back to the entrance and took the basket containing herbs and took it inside and the one carrying the flowers to the garden behind her Jingshi in a flower garden. She picked the beautiful flower she found by the stream and she looked at it, the was a strange feeling which took over her body when she held the flower.

She felt that this flower did not obtain a good aura and she kept looking at it, she wondered why she never had those strange feeling before when she picked flowers even those from the forest before. She confir6her analysis but was also in shock when the flower changed shape and emitted a smokey black mass that was thick that she couldn't even see the hand that was holding it.