hour of power: part 1 - henry hart

Start from the beginning

"So, why wasn't Drex the perfect sidekick?" Charlotte asked.

"Uh, well, I found that Drex, he has a dark side. He was evil, mean, tardy, chewed with his mouth open, never flushed, and he was violent, cruel and dangerous. And one day, Drex and I...we just had it out."

"You guys fought?"

"Oh yeah...it was horrible. He even came after Y/N, almost hurt her. And that's when I knew that he had to go." Ray sighed, and Henry looked at me.

"But, I mean, you won...right?" Henry asked, looking back at Ray.

"Barely. I may be a good fighter, but not better than Drex. If I wasn't indestructible, believe me, I'd have been, y'know...destructed."

"I just can't believe I'm not your first sidekick." Henry shook his head.

"Hey...you're my first sidekick that I really care about. And allowed you to date Y/N." Ray smiled pointing at me.

"Oh sure...did you tell Drex that, too?" Henry asked.

"Nooo. Well, maybe."

"Look, Drex and I were only together for a few months. We never even...we never even fought crime together."

"Uh, you guys...there's breaking news." Charlotte said looking at her device, "It says that...'Mistakenly released criminal known as Drex, has been spotted in North Swellview, traveling south on East Avenue."

"I know where he's going." Ray said, "The bakery district. And when he gets there, he's gonna have to deal with me."

He ran towards the tube but Henry followed.

"No! He's gonna have to deal with us." Henry blurted, holding his gum.

"No chance." I stand up walking towards Henry.

"And why not?" Henry turned to me.

"Henry, I've seen him fight. He's super dangerous." I say grabbing his hand.

"He also used to be my sidekick, and now you're my sidekick, and if we're all together, I dunno man, it's just gonna be all weird." Ray added.

"If you're going to see your old sidekick, then I'm going." Henry pointed at Ray, and then looked at me. "Besides, I wanna meet the dude that had a thing for my girlfriend."

"Henry, I..."

"Just let him go." Charlotte said and I look over at her. She gives me a sincere look, knowing that Henry wasn't going to back down.

I sigh and take a step back. Ray finally agreed and they left going up the tube. I sit back down on the couch, putting my head into my hands.

"Listen, Y/N. He's going to be fine. With Ray there, nothing will happen to him." Charlotte sat next to me.

———

Later that night, I was still at the Man Cave working on a new device with Schwoz. Soon, the elevator door opened and in came Henry who was limping and covered in some kind of liquid.

I look to his side to see Ray with a big box on his head, trying to find his way around.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well." I said setting down a wrench and walking towards Henry.

"Obviously not, Y/N." Ray said sarcastically and sat down on the couch, trying to get the metal box off his head. Henry just looks at me and I lead him to the shower in the back.

After cleaning off his face a little, I leave him to shower and head back to the main area, and Charlotte and Jasper were there.

Schwoz comes in with a bucket of ice and a towel.

"What is that for?" I ask as he drops it near the couch.

"For Henry's butt." He said, and I gave him a confused look.

Soon, Henry came out and sat right on it.

"Um, what happened?" I ask, but soon the news turned on and I go to watch.

"Spanky, spanky, spank your butt, oh da-doo-dah day!" Drex sang spanking Henry's butt on live television.

"Can we turn that off?" Henry said annoyed, while Schwoz was trying to get the box off of Ray's head.

"So, how's your bottom?" Jasper asked Henry, while I sat near him on the couch.

Henry just looked at Jasper, "Spanked. It still hurts."

"Isn't the ice helping?" I ask rubbing his shoulder, but he just shoved me off. I was a little hurt, but I kind of understood. Drex completely embarrassed him on TV, and I'm sure that he was still mad that Drex and I kind of had a thing.

But then again, that was a long time ago.

"No, this ice is just giving me numb butt."

Jasper then shot a laser gun at Ray's hands to get the Nut Cluster trap off of his hands. We all jumped, while Ray got shot back onto the floor.

"Jasper, did you...did you just fire a blaster at me?! Son, I asked you a question!" Ray screamed the other way, while Charlotte turned him around to face all of us.

"Now, try that again." Charlotte smiled.

"Well, yeah, cause you're indestructible. And look, I got your hands free."

I look at Henry who was just looking down at the ground. I really wanted to comfort him, but I know that I was the last person he wanted to talk to, expect maybe Drex.

"I guess Henry's gotta stop Drex." Charlotte said, and we both looked at her.

"Pfft, are you serious? I can't take on Drex." Henry scoffed.

"Why not you can't?" Schwoz questioned.

"Cause, I tried to fight that guy, and he stuffed me in cake batter, and then spanked me." Henry said and then stood up.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Home."

"Oh come on Henry, you can't just go home, not when this town needs you most." Ray said.

"This town needs a superhero." He said beginning to take off his watch, "or at least a decent sidekick...who has skills, or...who has anything. I'm nothing. I'm not even wearing pants."

I stand up quickly and walk towards him.

"You can't just quit Henry." I say.

"Oh yeah, watch me."