I'm sorry, but the gays have been happy for too long

(Requested by @4_CRAZY_5. ANGST BABYYYYYYYYY. But in all seriousness this chapter is a bit heavy so please skip if any of the TW's disturb you. Hella Angst+Self-Harm+Blood+Past Suicide Attempt)

Wednesday sighed heavily as she opened the door to her dorm. She scanned the room for Enid. If it weren't for the disheveled look of her side and her school bag on the floor, she didn't seem to have even entered the dorm yet. Wednesday found it strange to see that Enid hadn't at least left her phone playing an ear-bleeding pop song before vanishing. Wednesday decided to put her things down and get settled for the night before worrying about it any more than that. After about an hour Wednesday had showered and gotten dressed in her usual black jacket and striped cardigan, yet Enid still wasn't around. Wednesday felt a hint of worry creep into her mind. Classes ended long before she had gotten to their dorm, so Enid should be here. "Thing have you seen Enid?" Thing crawled up Wednesday to rest on her shoulder as she peered out the window, catching a slight movement outside paired with a muffled voice on the other side of the window. Wednesday followed her curiosity outside to find Enid shaking violently as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Shit I didn't think you'd actually come out here." Enid tried to pull down her sleeves before Wednesday noticed but the Addams was by her side, holding her arm delicately to examine it before Enid got the chance.

"For being so hemophobic you sure seem to enjoy your own blood." Enid turned to look away from Wednesday, terror and anger welling inside her. Wednesday gently adjusted her hold on Enid's mutilated arm, looking at each indent over and over. Wednesday noticed the distinct way the blood had stuck to Enid's hands, indicating that she'd been using her claws to cut herself. Her skin had the thinnest scars lining her arms, yet they were nearly invisible thanks to the blood covering her arms. "You have faint scars...I'd assume this wasn't your first time?" Enid's breath hitched as she tried to control her sobbing. Enid pushed Wednesday away from her.

"So what if it wasn't?" Enid gritted her teeth at the anger in her voice. Wednesday furrowed her eyebrows, unsure what to make of Enid's tone.

"Enid..." The blonde flinched at the slightly saddened voice Wednesday held. Wednesday lifted a hand to cup Enid's chin, turning her head to face her's while silently admiring her facial features. Wednesday sighed and looked away from Enid. "Thing go get something to clean the blood." Thing hopped off Wednesday's shoulder and scurried back inside. Wednesday attempted to regain eye contact but instead watched Enid struggle to find somewhere to look, desperately not wanting to confront reality. "Look at me, Enid." The wolf glanced at Wednesday unable to hold a mutual gaze.

"What do you want?"

"An explanation wouldn't hurt." Wednesday moved her thumb over Enid's cheek, wiping away a few tears. Enid leaned into her touch, eventually holding eye contact. "Just be honest, Cucciolo." Enid's face was suddenly flooded with a glimpse of excitement at the nickname, but it subsided almost immediately as she thought about how to answer. Enid raised her arm, placing her hand on top of Wednesday's softly.

"I just...Wednesday I'm not..." Enid held her breath, absolutely terrified to speak any further. Wednesday quickly wrapped her arms around Enid, pulling her close.

"Breathe, Cucciolo." Enid hesitantly hugged Wednesday, releasing sobs into her shoulder immediately. "Speak when you can." After a few minutes Enid's crying grew quiet. "When did you start cutting?"

"About a year ago...It was an accident at first I was just so worked up my claws came out while I had my arms crossed." Enid breathed deeply, slowly wrapping her mind around things.

"Why did you keep doing it?" Enid scoffed at the question, lifting her head from Wednesday's neck.

"My mother would tell you I'm doing it for attention."

"I wasn't asking her. Enid, I'm asking you." Enid blinked in shock. Unsure how to respond Enid looked away from the Addams. "Why do you cut, Enid?"

"Guilt. Self-doubt..." Enid felt the words get caught in her throat. She had a reason, yet it never seemed like it could be put into words.

"Your mother mostly I'd assume. I've seen her belittle you before you've even gotten the chance to speak." Enid opened her mouth, wanting to defend her mother for the sake of it, but she closed her mouth and slowly nodded. "Have you tried cutting off contact with her? Just for a little while?"

"I've tried everything, Wednesday." Before the Addams could counter Enid's dismissive response, Thing returned with a cloth. Wednesday took the cloth from Thing and lightly started cleaning blood off of Enid's arm, being careful not to apply enough pressure that she'd cause more pain. As the blood was removed from Enid's arm the two were able to witness the skin finish sealing and become a scar, indicating that her werewolf healing abilities were in full swing. Wednesday leaned back breathing deeply, slowly getting lost in thought. "They've been healing faster since I wolfed out..."

"I guess that explains how I haven't seen them." Wednesday finished clearing the blood from Enid's right arm and prompted Enid to show Wednesday her left. Enid hesitantly leaned over to move her arm closer to Wednesday, looking away as she started wiping the blood away. Wednesday cleaned off Enid's wrist, making the wolf flinch. Wednesday glanced at Enid, quickly checking if she'd hurt her, but when Enid's face remained the same Wednesday looked back at her wrist. An old scar, that was likely fairly deep when made, lined her wrist. "Enid when did you–" Enid pulled her arm back, turning her body fully away from Wednesday.

"Stop! Just don't." Enid' quickly pulled her sleeve down, soaking it in blood Wednesday hadn't gotten to yet. "Can we just forget about tonight, please?" Enid's voice whined while her body shuddered as she tried to stifle her sobs. Wednesday looked at the poor wolf in shock, she set down the now bloody cloth and raised her arms towards Enid. Wednesday hesitantly wrapped her arms around Enid, hugging her from behind. "Wednesday..." Enid could barely choke out the shorter girls name in between her sobs.

"Enid, when was that? Please just tell me." Enid struggled to get out Wednesday's grasp, desperately wanting to escape this conversation. Wednesday only held Enid tighter, barely giving the blonde room to breathe. "Enid!" Enid flinched at Wednesday's voice, which was overflowing with genuine worry and fear.

"A few months ago okay?! It was a stupid fucking mistake! I couldn't even cut my other wrist, Wednesday. Isn't that enough to know I can't even get myself to give up?" Enid stopped struggling and just let herself cry.

"Good. I don't want you giving up, Enid. You've brought so much joy to my life I'm not letting you leave it anytime soon." Enid turned herself around, which was made easier by Wednesday loosening her grasp, and looked Wednesday directly in her eyes. Searching for any hint that she was lying but she wasn't. "Cucciolo, I love you." Wednesday quickly raised her hand to cup Enid's cheek to kiss the wolf before she could react. Enid leaned into the kiss, deepening it as she readjusted herself to comfortably straddle Wednesday. They collectively pulled away at the same time, blankly looking at each other. "This was not how I wanted to tell you..." Enid chuckled and tilted her head into Wednesday's touch, again.

"I love you too. Thank you for talking some sense into me, Wednesday." The Addams nodded and pulled Enid back into the embrace, wanting to hold her just a little while longer.