Chapter 6 • "A meal, for you."

Context:
Kazuha and Kunikuzushi will eat their meal together after Kuni took a bath. As a thank you for staying over, Kuni volunteers to cook an extra side-dish for them.

Kunikuzushi pov:
I entered the bathroom and turned around to lock the door so no 'incidents' would happen.
I slowly and gently undressed myself as to not tear my clothes accidentally, or else mother would be mad. I made sure I had one of Kazuha's night robes and when I checked it was there. I was all set to take a nice bath now!

I stepped in the medium-sized tub that was filled with rather warm water and as my leg was submerged in the warm water, I felt small tingles from the sensation of my cold feet coming into contact with warmth. I sat down with my knees facing upwards so my hips would have enough space and wouldn't be too close to the barrier of the tub. I gently dipped my head in the water and soaked my hair so I would then be able to wash it. Next to the tub stood a small stand with shampoos, conditioners and soaps. I grabbed the shampoo and rubbed it on my fingers to start scrubbing on my head. Mother always told me to not be too rough on my head and i took it to heart.
I scrubbed gently with my slim finger tips to avoid scratching myself by accident.

Next i grabbed the conditioner and put half a palm full and spread it all across my hair and then left it to set for a few minutes. During my wait, i took the soap and lathered my whole body to make sure i would stay clean. The soap smelled like freshly picked lavender melons and sunsettias during the first harvests in spring. I soaked my body to get rid of all the soap bubbles and the conditioner in my hair and made sure nothing had stayed stuck on my body. I stayed in the warm water for a few minutes due to the nice sensation of the slight waves that crashed into my body like it was nothing. It was very soothing and relaxing.

Kazuha pov:
I made my way to the estate's kitchen and took out a metal plate I could use to fry and I took out two plates to serve the dish on.
I went to grab two good fillets of fish for the meal and made sure they had the best quality.
I wanted, no, I needed Kunikuzushi to appreciate the dish so he could maybe come by and stay over with me more often. His presence was very calming and whenever he touched my skin, it felt like flowers were blooming on a field. His eyes shimmered in the moonlight like how sapphires shone at light. Before I could even put my mind on it, the fish had already started frying. I sprinkled some salt on the two fillets, yet making sure it wouldn't turn out to salty. To decorate the dish, I added ornamental maple tree branches and small maple leaves to add an autumn-like feeling to it.

As I brought the meal to the dining table and sat down on a silk cushion on the ground. I put my hands on my thighs and waited for Kuni patiently.

Kunikuzushi pov:
I'd just gotten out of the shower and my long haired that hanged down almost halfway past my thighs was dripping everywhere. I grabbed a nearby towel to attempt to remove as much water as I could. Pushing my hair on my shoulder, i grabbed the soft white towel and started delicately drying my hair as to not hurt myself by pulling too hard.

Once I was done drying my hair, i put my hair back behind my back, where it used to be.
I removed a small towel that was wrapped around my waist and started drying my body a bit, just in case there was any water left.
I put on some underwear and slipped over my shoulders the nice wine red night robe. In any cases, i put on some short pants over my underwear. The robe was so soft on the inside and it was very warm. It really helped to get rid of the cold after getting out of water.

I opened the door of the bathroom and walked down the hall and into the dining room only to see Kazuha, well seated, waiting for me.
"Hello there, Kuni! You're back from your bath, how was it? Does the robe fit you?" He asked and greeted me as sweetly as usual.
"It was good, thank you. And the robe fits, it's just a little big on the sleeves!" I said to answer his few questions.
"I made dinner for us, hope you like it! It's my personal specialty, I call it All-Weather beauty. It's a grilled fillet of fish with a compliment of salt. The leaves are but an enhancement aesthetically!" He explained to me as he pointed towards the delicious looking meal.
He balanced the dish so perfectly and it had this little side with nature that just fitted him oh too perfectly, in other words, the dish looked absolutely delectable!

Kazuha pov:
Kuni hastily sat down by my side. As he sat I was able to see a quarter of his soft-looking thighs that sneakily peeked out of his robe. As soon as I noticed, I had rapidly turned my head as to not let my gaze towards his legs make him feel uncomfortable.
We both grabbed a pair of chopsticks who were elegantly and neatly placed besides the dish's plate. I lightly tugged on both chopsticks to separate the bamboo ustensiles and put them in my hand. I turned my head to look at Kunikuzushi to see if he was all good.
He didn't even touch his chop sticks, instead, his ethereal face was looking towards me, with his big round eyes that shimmered and glistened at the light of the moon.

"Is everything alright Kuni?"
"Won't you feed me?" He asked plainly. It absolutely shook my soul when I heard him 'feed him?! As in feed Kuni?!?! No my heart can't handle this!' I thought as my face had become a whole new shade of red.

"At my estate, people feed me, my sister and my mothers. I thought it was the same everywhere, seems not." He explained briefly. That seems like quite a logical explanation. Kunikuzushi might be from a wealthier or more renounced clan than I, it made perfect sense!
"Oh, sure i don't mind feeding you" i said, after slightly calming myself down inside.

•After finishing the delicious meal~•

"Kazuha, I'd like to cook you a gift. You made this delicious meal for both of us and I would like to thank you back." Stated Kunikuzushi as he stood up, looking down at me, straight in the eyes.
"Sure, I'd love to try out whatever exquisite dish you might be able to cook!" I replied. His eyebrows frowned slightly and he avoided my gaze as he pouted. These were clear signs: he was flustered from the compliment, he simply didn't wanna show it.

•Around an hour later~•

Kunikuzushi pov:
I had finally finished my infamous dish: my own hand-made specialty, Shimi Chazuke! I was proud of myself as I was walking over to the table with the meal.

"Kazuha~ close your eyes! You're in for a surprise!" I told Kazuha from behind the door frame.
"Oh— okay, sure! My eyes are closed!" He responded to me.
I quietly walked towards him, put the bowl on the table and proceeded to sit next to the elegant platinum-haired boy I oh-so love.

"Okay, open your eyes~"
1306 words
A/N
HAHAHA YOU THOUGHT—! Anyways, I finally finished this long chapter, whew! Hope you'll all enjoy this enormous chapter! Sorry for the slow update, personal reasons. It wasn't anything bad but it just belated my updates and I'm gravely sorry for you all who might have been impatiently waiting for a new chapter.
If you're enjoying my story, would you kindly consider or even following? Heck, both if you're an amazing person!