𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Ah, glad we set that boundary," Sirius chuckled, pulling on a pair of jeans and wrapping one arm around Artemis's waist from behind. "You look really pretty, by the way."

"Lucky you didn't smear this, Padfoot," she said crossly, but leaned back into his chest and stood on tiptoe to plant a kiss on the side of his face.

He smiled at her reflection in the mirror. "Let's just stay home, Art."

"We can't."

He ran a hand over her bare stomach. "Please? It's cold out, and James can catch us up on whatever we miss at the meeting-"

"Sirius, we're both taking on the Order as pretty much a full time job," Artemis said in a gentle voice. She leaned against the sink to apply mascara. "We can't skip, that would mean letting Mad Eye and McGonagall down- not to mention our friends who are putting their lives on the line to keep us all safe."

Sirius nodded. "Well, when you put it like that it's a bit hard to argue."

"That's why you shouldn't even try arguing with me," said Artemis, shooting him an appraising look. "I always win."

She slid past him to her closet, picking out clothes for the meeting. Sirius watched her go, distracted for a second by how pretty she was. "Bullshit!" he said at last, a troublesome grin playing on his lips. "Remember that time we fought over school uniforms sixth year?"

"You only won that because you said I looked hot in my skirt," said Artemis, pulling on a pair of jeans and. "And I wanted to sleep with you."

"No way!" said Sirius. "I had a lot of good points."

They were still arguing when they apparated to the front walkway of the Burrow for the Order meeting. "I won the fifth year fight, though," said Artemis, leading the way to the front door.

"Neither of us won that!" Sirius shot back, turning the knob and letting Artemis in first. "We both admitted we were wrong."

"But you were more wrong," said Artemis.

The entire Order was sprawled about in the living room, chattering amongst themselves before the beginning of the meeting. James turned around in his seat and raised his eyebrows at the newcomers. "You're not still going on about fifth year, are you?"

"I won that fight, didn't I?" said Artemis perching herself on the armchair of his seat.

James scoffed. "I like to think you both lost that one, and the rest of us won by not having to hear you lot scream at each other anymore."

"Emmeline!" Sirius said, immediately distracted by the new face in the room.

Emmeline Vance stood up, giving Sirius and Artemis a lofting grin. "Hey, I'm here," she said, hugging them both. "Quidditch season is over and Moody said you lot need all the help you can get."

"He was right about that," said Marlene, crossing the room to join the conversation. She caught Emmeline's eye, smiled, and immediately looked at the floor. "Um- we're glad you're here."

Emmeline didn't break her gaze from Marlene. "Me too."

"Alright, everyone be quiet!" said a voice from the front. Mad Eye Moody had stood and the room fell silent. "We're starting the meeting now, Dumbledore can't make it to this one, but we'll manage without him."

Artemis and Sirius found seats on the couch with Remus and looked to the front of the room attentively. Moody cleared his throat again. "First order of business- patrol. We need to tighten up security. Potter, McKinnon, and Black, you take Diagon Alley. Shacklebolt, Bones, and Fenwick, you take Hogsmeade-"