𝟓.𝟟.𝟣

"by a fatal law, a genius is always an idiot

"by a fatal law, a genius is always an idiot." ~ Charles Baudelaire

~january 1976~

The second Bones closed the door behind Artemis, she was pinning him against it, kissing him with her hands in his hair, his all over her body. They'd been meeting up twice weekly since that first night together, and things only got more heated each time. Bones set his hands on Artemis's waist and pushed her back towards his desk, brushing a stack of papers to the side so she could sit down on it and wrap her legs around him. "This isn't- right," he managed to say between kisses.

"You say that every time," Artemis complained, leaning back on the desk and running a hand through her tangled hair, her legs hanging over the edge and just brushing his.

He frowned and took a step back. It was a weekly routine now, him reminding himself that what they were doing was wrong, and her getting more and more agitated over his complaints. "Well, it's true," said Bones.

She sat up straight and put her arms out, wrapping them around Bones's shoulders. Sitting on the desk, her eyes fell just below his and she tilted her head upwards to softly kiss his neck, then his face, and finally his lips. "What does it matter if it's wrong now?" she asked sweetly, running her fingers gently down the back of his neck. She felt a surge of satisfaction in her chest when a shiver ran through Bones's body. "Who cares if it's wrong? We've gotten this far already..."

Her voice was low and persuasive, and Bones couldn't think straight when she talked like that. "Stop it," he protested, but his heart wasn't in it. He ran a hand down her side, untucking her shirt and beginning to unbutton it, revealing the scarlet colored bra beneath. All protests left his head.

"See? This isn't so bad," she assured him sweetly. But she didn't care if it was right or wrong. She was obsessed at this point, every move calculated to make herself feel the best she could. "Here..." She slipped off the desk and got down onto her knees, her every motion smooth and natural. Inside, she was worried she'd mess something up and accidentally come off as more childish than she wanted Bones to think. She had to do everything right, or it could all fall apart.

Bones wound his fingers in Artemis's hair and let out a sigh of gratification. She wasn't just a student anymore. She was more mature; sometimes he felt like she knew what she was doing better than he did.

When Artemis had finished Bones off, she stood back up and leaned casually back onto the desk like what she'd just done was nothing out of the ordinary. "It's not so wrong," she said with a satisfied smirk.

"Jesus, Blake, I wish you weren't so-"

"So what?" asked Artemis, suddenly anxious but careful not to show it.

"So goddamned hot," said Bones. "Then you'd be easier to keep my hands off of."

She smiled and wrapped an arm around his neck, pressing her body into his and inhaling the scent of his cologne and the distinct smell of smoke that always lingered around him. "Then thank Merlin I'm so goddamned hot." She laughed lightly and kissed him again before letting him go and sitting back on the desk, playing hard to get as best she could. "D'you have any cigarettes on you?"