Chapter 15 | The hunting red fox

Start from the beginning

After the unexpected attack, Wen Zixun immediately backed away from the omega

After the unexpected attack, Wen Zixun immediately backed away from the omega. But Lan Zhan didn't let the alpha's attempt go unpunished. He turned back, drew his sword, and killed Wen Zixun with a quick swipe. But then, when Lan Zhan turned back, Wen Zishu shot him in the leg. The gunshot immediately brought Lan Zhan to his knees. Lan Zhan still wouldn't let go of his sword, but this time he was forced to use it as a support instead of a weapon. Wei Ying immediately knelt beside him.

"Lan Zhan!! ... I'm so sorry, I don't -" said the terrified omega. Seeing the alpha's face full of pain, Wei Ying regretted that he had attacked the alpha.

"Stop it!" - Lan Zhan turned his head slightly towards Wei Ying. - "You didn't do anything wrong." said the alpha softly, as if he had just heard the omega's thoughts.

"We warned you. But you didn't listen to us." interjected Wen Zishu, then glanced at his friend standing next to him and motioned with his head towards Lan Zhan.

Wen Minshan stepped up to the omega to split the pair as well.

But Lan Zhan did not allow Wen Minshan to do this. Lan Zhan suddenly raised his other arm in front of the omega and protectively covered Wei Ying from Wen Minshan. His huge canines only flashed, even more, his pupils were almost completely contracted, and a deep growl erupted from his throat.

"Don't you dare touch him!!!" Lan Zhan warned in a voice so deep that it almost sounded like he hadn't said it .... but a monster.

Hearing Lan Zhan, Wen Minshan was very surprised. He stepped away from the vicinity of Wei Ying almost terrified to death. Even Wen Zishu was just as surprised by Lan Zhan's voice and behavior, so he lowered his trembling hand for a few moments. But then Wen Zishu's attention quickly shifted to Wen Minshan when he saw his almost white face as he stepped back from Wei Ying.

"What are you doing?" asked Wen Zishu as he raised his hand again and aimed it at Lan Zhan, but he no longer dared to put his finger on the trigger.

"I .. I don't know. I just ..." - Wen Minshan could barely explain his own action. All Wen Minshan knew was that even though he was an alpha, he still had to obey Lan Zhan's word just as if he were a beta or omega.

But before Wen Zishu could speak again, suddenly a Jiang beta member ran up to them, apparently terrified.

"Guys, ... we've got a big problem!" said the beta, after he had stopped.

"What? What the hell happened?" asked one of the alphas, puzzled. Meanwhile, Wen Zishu continued to keep an eye on Lan Zhan and Wei Ying. But Lan Zhan was also watching him.

"The entire Jiang pack ... has failed. All of them were killed by alpha, but it wasn't Mingjue, ... it was a crimson, one-eyed one. .. But he wasn't a Wen, .. oh, no, he was more like a demon."

"How? ... But how could a single alpha wipe out an entire pack so quickly?" asked the alpha, shocked at the news.

"I'm more interested to know if the entire Jiang pack has fallen, .. how are you here, unharmed and alive?" asked Wen Minshan, looking suspiciously at the beta.

"There's no time for that." - interjected Wen Zishu. - "Instead of running your mouth, you take the omega, and let's go back to the city immediately."

"Hey, hey wait!" - the beta stood in front of Wen Zishu. - "What about him? You can't leave the alpha here. We need him too." said the beta Jiang, pointing at Lan Zhan.

" "We" .. ? Huh, you're wrong. There is no "we" anymore, remember? Your pack needed him, but not us, especially not our leader. Lan Zhan doesn't matter anymore. He's your problem now, but not ours." said Wen Zishu coldly.

"What??" asked the beta, stunned.

"Did I not make myself clear? The alpha stays here! .. Now, get out of my way." Wen Zishu pushed the beta aside, but the beta stepped in front of him again.

"No, no! We need them both alive because the pack...-" but the beta could not finish because Wen Zishu silenced him with a shot.

"Did you hear my order?" - said Wen Zishu to the other alpha. - "I said take the omega and let's go!"

Wen Minshan approached the omega again. But this time it was not Lan Zhan, who stopped him. Before the alpha could get his hands on Wei Ying, he was suddenly stabbed in the back by another alpha. Wen Minshan immediately fell to the ground.

But Hua Cheng did not stop. He immediately attacked the alphas near him first. Fortunately for him, there were hardly any of those alphas with guns.

While Hua Cheng struggled, Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying to his chest and held the omega in his arms. Lan Zhan watched Hua Cheng, but the omega just kept his head down, waiting for the nightmare to end.

Wei Ying felt that he was reliving the moments of that terrible night when he was wounded and captive to a small group of alphas. He closed his eyes and tried to exclude the terrible sounds that were going on around him which only brought his terrible memories to the surface. Then Wei Ying tried to focus on the alpha's comforting purr that Lan Zhan had given him to calm him down.

After Hua Cheng killed the last Wen alpha nearby, he also heard Lan Zhan's purring. His gaze immediately turned to Lan Zhan. Hua Cheng immediately knew why the alpha had done that. When Hua Cheng walked over and stopped in front of Lan Zhan, the purring ceased. But the two alphas continued to look wildly at each other. Then Hua Cheng's gaze turned to the omega. 

Wei Ying smelled the cinnamon scent, which he knew well but had not smelled for a long time

Wei Ying smelled the cinnamon scent, which he knew well but had not smelled for a long time. Then, he heard his brother's voice.

"Wei Ying ... don't be afraid, it's just me, ... your brother." said Hua Cheng.

Wei Ying raised his head, and that's when he saw the face of his brother standing in front of him.

"Hua Cheng ... " - said the omega with relief.

Lan Zhan let him go, and Wei Ying slowly stood up. Just as Wei Ying broke the hug with an alpha, he locked another alpha and someone who was equally important to him in his arms again. But Hua Cheng did no different from his brother, and he hugged the omega. Wei Ying closed his eyes, but this time old, beautiful memories appeared in front of him, which only made his eyes even tearier.

"I'm so glad you're still alive! .. I missed you so much!!" the omega spoke first.

"I missed you so much too, little brother!" said Hua Cheng.

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 💛✨