STUCK AROUND

y'all r in for a treat

-

"Luna? Luna!" Bruce shook Luna.
she sat up.

"Hmm?" She looked around.
"Luna.." Bruce kneeled down. she was on her bed.

"what happened..?" Luna backed into her bed frame.

"You.. passed out, i guess." Bruce pat Lunas hand.

"and.. what happened to Lain?"

"Vance happened." Bruce chuckled lightly.

"oh." Luna looked at Bruce.
"So uhm.. hey.." Bruce smiled.

"Yea?" Luna looked at him.

"I know this is quite.. obvious and stuff- but uhm.." Bruce stood up.

Luna knew what was coming.
but he wasn't prepared for how she would respond.

"Luna, I really like you. i have loved you from the day you've pushed me away as i chased after you desperate to apologize for my stupid friends actions. i'm sorry, really. and i'm so happy we became friends but i never intended for all this chaos to happen. i'm sorry. i really am. and Luna i really really love you. i've loved you my whole life— every single day i woke up and the only thing on my mind was you. i'd tell amy about you everyday, i'd write on my journal and 3/4th of the pages were about you. you had a massive impact on me luna, and i— i don't know this feeling but what you did to me is permanent and i, i don't know how to express it. i really really love you, luna. no word expresses it. no word on the huge dictionary. i can flip through the pages of the dictionary and i still won't find any word to match my love for you, Luna. i don't know how to exaggerate this enough. everything about you, your personality, your smile, your laugh, your determination— everything. and i'm so sorry i put you through all this. i love you luna! it was never— EVER my intention." Bruce had caught his breath.

Luna stared at him.
she stared at him for a few seconds before light tears filled her eyes.

"..Luna?" Bruce looked at her, placing his hand on her cheek as he wiped her light tears.

they rushed to her eyes.

"Luna, what's wrong?"

"Bruce, i love you too. i love you as much as you love me, maybe more. i've never should've driven you away. i love you so much bruce. you've changed me in ways i never imagined, you're amazing bruce and i hope you know it. and everything about you, it's just divine. i can't explain it. it all gives me butterflies." Lunas voice slowly got wobbly.

"So.. what's wrong..?" Bruce smiled.

"Bruce.."

"I can't be with you."

Bruce's smile dropped.
"what— why..?"

Luna started to slowly cry.

"Bruce.
i got a call yesterday.
My dad, he was found dead in an alleyway. a bullet to his head. and he's been lying there for what they calculated was four days." Luna grabbed both his hands and slowly broke down.

He was horrified.

"Vance doesn't know. Neither does Mom. I got the call, I answered, it was only me that knows. i can't tell them. i don't want to tell them."

"I need time to myself, Bruce. and i love you so much, but i'm slowly losing myself, and if i don't do something about it, you'll lose me too."

"My dad was always aggressive and abusive but there was a time he wasn't. and i waited, years and years for that side of him to come back, so i can forgive him and hug him and just be happy. you made me happy. but he never healed."

"and now there's no one for me to wait for. he was horrible, but he was my dad. and i can't let him go. no. not now."

"Bruce, i love you. but we can't be together. i'm sorry."

Luna sat there before she started sobbing, uncontrollably onto her bed.

Bruce started to tear up too.
he was horrified.
i'm sorry bruce.
i'm so, so sorry that i had to tell you like this.
i'm sorry, bruce.