DISCIPLINE

Lain.

Luna furrowed her eyebrows, realizing she never told Vance that Bruce has apologized.

She tapped Vance's shoulder, he glanced back at her. 'What?' He looked at her, she went on her toes and whispered everything that happened into Vance's ear.

'What?' He looked down at her as she finished telling him everything. Including that they suspect Lain did it.

"So, what do we do? we don't fuckin— know if he did it." Vance looked at Lain, then Luna.

Luna shrugged.

"So do i.. Confront him?" Luna fidget around with her hands, somewhat nervous.

"Yeah, no shit!"

"okay, okay." She tapped her sides, walking to Lain, slapping a tough look on her face.

"Lain." she walked over.
Lain looked at her.

"Did you write that fuck ass letter?" Luna looked at him.

"what letter."

"The one that said all that bitchy shit, signed From Bruce!" she scoffed.

he stayed silent.
"So, how'd you find out." He looked at her.

"Fucking—" She was about to slap him, but he caught her wrist.

"You're quite predictable now—"

Vance whacked him in the back of his head.
"Funk-ass." Vance mumbled to himself, as Lain dropped onto the floor, landing on his palms.

"Bitch!" Lain stood up.
"Yeah, always resort to fucking violence."

"What're you gonna do about it, send me a bitchy letter and sign it From, Mom?" Vance clenched his fist.

"Of course the famous Hopper kids always take things to heart." Lain smirked.

"Where's this going?" Luna squinted.

"You two don't know, but you're useless. your only skill is violence and it's only making your life worse."

"We're not listening to you! so don't try to gaslight us into having a worse perspective in our life! it won't work!" Vance shouted.

"Yeah, cause it's worked before." Lain scoffed.

"You two? yeah. you two are hopeless. your lives are sad." Lain backed up.

Luna knew her life was hopeless, it hurt, but she always drowned out the feeling somehow. now it's all rushing out. yknow, the feeling that you're stuck, and you know there's no way out. you can't fix it. you can't escape. you're too scared to die but you're too tired to live.

"You guys can't escape this life, you know it. you're pussies." Lain said.

"Everyone fears you but what they don't know is that you fear yourself aswell."

Lunas heart dropped at that.
she was done. that sentence finished her off.

"Look at your face. you're so sensitive." Lain chuckled. he won. he knew it.

Vance was breathing heavily, Luna just stopped breathing. she completely paused.

"The tough act was all some little freak show. now i know it." Lain leaned.

"You two have no fuckin path in life, living in a sad messy trailer with a junkie and a sensitive ass fucking grandma, except SHE accepted her feelings. you guys can't."

"that's not true." Luna repeated to herself.

"It IS. you'll just die alone." Lain fought back.
"You act all tough and shit but really, you just want an actual childhood. well that's all wasted. you have no childhood memories to comfort you at your lowest."

Luna felt her feelings and comforts crumble.
she didn't feel so tough anymore.

"..i was always a victim.
i never wanted to see myself as one.
it all makes sense now." Luna thought to herself.

"That's. Not. Fucking. TRUE." Vance shouted.
Lain wasn't that scared anymore. he found their weaknesses.

Their weaknesses are themselves. their reality. everything.

"You're weak." Lain looked at Vance.
"You're losing yourself."

Luna couldn't describe the feelings she's feeling at the moment.
despair? frustration?

Bruce walked in.
"What the hell are you doing, Lain."

"Giving your girlfriend a reality check, along with her sad little brother." Lain smiled.

"Lain, stop!"

"Whatt? they had to be humbled one day or another."

Lunas mind went empty. she's not controlling herself anymore. something else is, cause she broke down crying.

"Luna!" Bruce called out, rushing to her.

She's never felt this before.
I lost myself, havent i?
yeah. i did.