CHAPTER FIFTEEN

i wake up to a bright light shining in my eyes, a fresh smell filling my senses and huge headache pinching at my skull.

beep. beep. beep.

i look to my left to see a monitor attached to me, i hum a little relaxing before freezing, sitting up and panicking.

"woah!" julie and connie exclaim, both of them sitting up from their seats.

"calm down, you're fine" connie says trying to soothe me.

"fine? connie if she was fine she wouldn't be here" julie crosses her arms speaking in a matter of factly.

"julie!" connie scolds, elbowing the girl who lets out a yelp, "i'll go get the nurse"

"what happened?" i ask julie, watching as connie left.

"well i got elbowed in the gut-"

"no, the game, what happened at the game?"

"oh right, we lost, you and adam got us a total of two points, a player tripped you, two pushed you, charlie was the first to know something was up because he was the first to skate over to you, adam and guy following in suit,

guy took off your helmet and gave it to adam who looked horrified and as pale as a ghost as he saw the crack in your helmet and the blood trickling down your face, guy called for paramedics, me and dean went out of the locker room because of the incident,

dean was being held back by guy and charlie, i was by your side, of course, and adam was chasing after you only for trixie to block his passage" julie shrugs, i furrow my eyebrows together as i look at the end of the hospital bed.

"oh..." i mumble, i didn't exactly know what to say really, connie and the nurse walk in, sitting beside my bed.

"not to mention an iceland player hit adam's wrist" connie added as the nurse checked on me with a small torch, shining the light in my eye.

they begin telling me about captain blood and how they all slept in class whilst being told practice is cancelled, the team decided to be outside to exercise but the girls will join them shortly.

"you seem to be okay, just take some paracetamol for any headaches you may have, other than that you can now go, try not to over work yourself and don't get the sun in your eyes too much" the nurse spoke causing the girls to high five.

i walk onto the field with the girls, a cap placed on top of my head to block out the sunlight as my hair was hung loose in a ponytail, the small hair in front of my ears were pulled out to make my hair look alright.

i wore the team usa joggers like everyone else, white converse with a white top which was tucked into my joggers, duffle bag on my shoulder as i walk towards the group.

"glad you could join us" guy smirks at us girls as the boys were doing push ups led by dean, well... goldberg and averman were kind of on their stomachs panting.

everyone looks towards us and smiles, racing over to hug me, asking me many questions as they lead me to the work out spot, i answer every single one whilst placing down my duffle.

after a while, everyone calmed down and dean ordered us to exercise again but not without telling me to take it easy.

"hold, one two three-" dean yells, the team reaching their toes.

"coach isn't here, why do we have to be?" connie complains to the team as dean continues counting.

"we have a game tonight, we have to work out" dean responds, switching position with the rest of the team following in suit.