13 The Gods Laugh

Thor lifted the orb from it's box, it filled with a gold mist before clearing and showing his father's face.

"Father" he greeted darkly.

"Thor, the healers tell me you came home for medicine and for a human no less" he raises a brow over his remaining eye.

"I did, a friend was injured and I wanted to help" he would not tell his father of the woman he loved, not yet.

"A friend, you must think me foolish to believe that. Healer Thyra was questioned, she expressed her concern of you falling for a human. Again" his father sighs.

"Healer Thyra should keep her concerns to herself" Thor growls angrily.

"Have you bedded her yet? we had a deal Thor, your time is almost up" Oden glares at his son.

"I have not discussed this with her yet, our relationship has only begun" he murmurs.

"You promised an heir Thor and my compromise was it could be with anybody of your choosing" Oden scowled, he did not like the idea of a half breed heir but beggers can't be choosers.

"Have some pity father, it has only been days since this started and I refuse to rush her" Thor blinks heavily and sighs.

"So you do love her" Thor inwardly curses, his over protective manner showing his true feelings for Charlie.

"You realise of course if you bed her that it is only a matter of time?" Oden smirks.

"Not here, the midguardians have things to prevent that happening" Thor is almost smug in his answer.

Oden laughs, it's merciless and foreboding, "Yes they do, did you know that their medicines don't work on us? Or against us" Thor's brow creases in concern.

"Using preventative measures does not stop a gods seed from planting, as long as the woman is fertile and healthy. So I ask again, have you bedded her?" Thor's eyes close, what had he done to you.

"I must go" his hand waves over the ball and his father's image disappears.

He screams his rage and unleashes his powers, his room erupts with a blue glow so bright it is blinding. He hears metal popping and sparks fly, smoke fills the room. An alarm sounds and the sprinkler kicks in, water cascades down his face as he pants hard. His room is destroyed, books, clothes and bed sheets soaked. His door opens and Steve steps in, he sees his friend breathing hard and looking angry.

"Thor, what happened?" he asks looking around the damaged room.

"My father angered me" he sucks in a deep breath.

"Okay, why?" he asks.

"It- It is a long story" he closes his eyes and calms his breathing.

"Lets go to my room, we'll get you some dry clothes and you can tell me about it" he leads his friend away gently.

"FRIDAY shut down the alarm and stop the sprinkler, the room is clear of danger" he pulls Thor out the wet room.

Steve hands him some sweat pants and a t-shirt, Thor changes and sits on Steve's bed.

"Okay so what's going on?" Steve sits beside him hand on his shoulder.

"I may have ruined Charlie's life" he rubs his hands over his face, agony flowing through him.

"I don't believe that, you've only been together a few days. What could have happened in that time?" Steve questions him.

"I didn't know that human medicine wouldn't work against me" he says cryptically.