The pause in our conversation and the glistening of his perfectly white teeth, makes me want to kiss him. But I'm not quite sure if that's what he wants. So instead, I look away.

I mean, we hit a home run and then struck out the next two at-bats. Yesterday his apology and movie was a double play. Me, standing him up at his game this evening has to be an out at first.

"That's cute," he says and my eyes wander back towards him in effort to figure out what he's referring to.

"What's cute?"

"The way you do that," he elaborates and I'm still not quite sure what he means. "The way you say something super cute and then get really shy about it."

I'm flattered he notices and it makes me blush even harder than before.

Maybe I was wrong before

Maybe I was wrong before. I think now is the time for that kiss. My gut tells me it'll be a grand slam right now.

I free myself from my nerves. I lean in and he meets me halfway.

He grabs my face and deepens it before we finally come up for air.

"Olivia," I hear him say as I return back to the present moment. "Before we go any further, I wanted to tell you that I went out tonight after the game. And it might not matter to you. But it might. I really don't know. I'm not really sure."

"—- Why are you telling me this?" I ask as he fumbles over his words. "I saw your message about the party late. I wish I could've gone. But it's not a big deal that you went without me."

He sighs. "Yeah—- I just—-"

"—-That's cute!" I say and he stares into my eyes.

"What's cute?" He asks.

"The way you feel like you have to tell me that you went out tonight," I mock his statement from earlier and he takes a huge gulp before pulling my chin in for a kiss.

When our lips finally part, I grab his hand and we walk back to my grandpa's house.

"You should come inside," I say lowly and he looks surprised by my statement.

"With your grandpa home?"

"He's asleep and he doesn't wake up," I tell him and his heart appears to speed up.

"What if he does?" He asks.

"Then you better run faster than when you ran those touchdowns yesterday," I say and he laughs as we quietly walk inside the house.

He admires some of my dad's old trophies but I quickly get his attention when I point to my bedroom.

I shut and lock the door, after we enter and the action begins.

Kissing and panting ensues and it doesn't take long for us to take things to the next level.

We're as quiet as possible. And I don't mind all of the feelings I'm feeling with him inside of me.

He shows me new positions and I feel like I'm getting better at this by the minute.

The final position is a grip to my waist and it leaves a mess as I bite down on the pillow to stop myself from waking my grandpa and FeFe.

I tap out after the second round. And I watch him sleep peacefully until my eyes finally shut.
_____________________

I wake up to the bright sun and the sight of my best friend startles me as I sit up and glance around the room.

"Girl, I've literally been watching you smile and moan in your sleep for twenty minutes," she says and I don't see any traces of Spencer.

"When you got here, was I alone?" I ask her and she looks at me confused.

"As opposed to what?" She asks and I can tell the answer is yes.

"Never mind," I say as I grab my cell phone off of the nightstand.

I smile after reading it

"Girl, what's going on with you?" Layla asks and I notice she's carrying a list of names in her hand.