ShoujixTokoyami

For cardsuits on Ao3

Srouji snuck back into the dorms, as quietly as possible, trying not to draw attention to himself. He knew if he ran into one of his classmates before he took care of these wounds, he would have a lot of explaining to do. It was pretty hard to sneak back into the dorms tonight because he had taken quite a beating. He was trying not to leave any evidence of his wounds behind, even though he was literally bleeding from a nasty cut he'd gotten in the last fight he was in. Shouji was involved in an underground fight club, in order to relieve stress and make some money. Nobody knew because it was better that way.

He winced as a fresh wave of pain rolled through his body. He knew he was being reckless tonight, but he couldn't sleep so what else was he going to do? I mean sneaking in and out of your dorm to go fight random people is perfectly reasonable teenage activity right? Sometimes, everything just got to be too much and he needed an emotional release.

And you know what? Screw what anybody would say, it kept the stress at bay. He couldn't openly hit the people who said rude things about him and his family. I mean who cares about how he looks? Why did that get to stop him from doing normal things? I guess that's another way that the fight club was nice. Down there, being scary was good. In the real world, it just made him unapproachable.

He turned the corner and saw the fridge light on. He froze backing away a little, listening carefully. "Dark Shadow, please keep it down. I know you don't like the fridge light but it's automatic I cannot do anything about it." said a familiar voice. Something in Shouji relaxed when he realized it was Tokoyami. 

Shouji didn't know what to do. How was he going to get through without- he stopped dead in his train of thought. He was making direct eye contact with Dark Shadow. Tokoyami turned around, shocked at his friend standing in the corner covered in- were those cuts and bruises? Shouji panicked, trying to hide his injuries, but it was no use. Tokoyami closed the distance between them, examining his friend. He had taken a particular liking to Shouji, because as Mina would say, "he had good vibes." He had a very warm aura, and Tokoyami just wanted to literally beat the shit out of anyone who ever hurt him. 

He held Shouji's arm (Arm, arms? Idek we're going with arm) delicately. "Tokoyami I-" Shouji started. Tokoyami just moved on to the next arm, examining it too. "Come with me, and I'll fix you up, some of these cuts are pretty bad," said Tokoyami, carefully pulling Shouji towards his dorm. Mezou followed him quietly, he knew better than to argue with Tokoyami at times like this. He'd spent lots of time with him and had learned at times like this, Fumikage was too stubborn to hear what he had to say.

"Go sit on the bed, I need to grab the first aid from the bathroom," Tokoyami said, turning on his LEDs to a cool green shade. He had installed those lights after he was drug to a sleepover one time, and they had to sleep with the tv on so it wasn't pitch black. He never wanted to let anyone get hurt by his quirk again. Of course, he didn't blame Dark Shadow, only himself. 

He brought back the first aid kit and walked over to his bed. "What's your favorite color Mezou?" he asked. "Yellow," replied Shouji, staring at Tokoyami's beak. Tokoyami changed the lights to a warm yellow and sat down, pulling out bandages. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked, focusing carefully on cleaning the injuries. "Um... I don't know," replied Shouji. "It's ok Mezou. No rush. Just don't bottle it up, it's not good for you." he replied turning around to grab a bandage. They sat comfortably in silence, while Tokoyami fixed him up. 

"I'm really sorry about this, Fumikage." "Don't worry about it. Whoever did this to you should be sorry," answered Tokoyami. While they were sitting there, Tokoyami had thought of at least three ways to kill whoever had done this. "No. I wasn't focused and acted recklessly. These injuries are on me. Literally," Shouji said, smirking when Tokoyami failed to stifle his giggle. "Why weren't you focused? What were you doing?" Tokoyami asked, mentally hitting himself in the head because he didn't mean to pry. "You can't tell anyone. I've been sneaking out to go to a fight club to... relieve stress." He answered bashfully. "Your secret is safe with me," said Tokoyami, throwing away paper wrappers from the bandages. 

"So you were too stressed to focus on your fight?" asked Tokoyami absentmindedly. His skin is so smooth, he thought. "I guess you could say that," said Shouji. God he has the softest hands on the planet, Shouji thought. "School?" "Personal issues," Shouji corrected. "Ah. This better not be about your face again," Tokoyami scoffed. Shouji suddenly took a lot of interest in the wall. It was such a nice wall. 

"Shoujiiiii," Tokoyami drawled, "are people saying things about you? I can take care of them for you if you wish." "C'mon Fumikage. If you were walking around with your kid and saw this, you'd be horrified. Appalled," he said pulling down his mask to emphasize his point. Tokoyami climbed onto his lap, holding his head in his hands. "I think you're drop-dead gorgeous. Shouji, if I saw you when I was out with my kid one day, I'd probably make them help me come up with an excuse to talk to you." Tokoyami promised. He wanted him to know that he was great. He was perfect and amazing and anyone would be lucky to see his face. 

Shouji looked at Tokoyami, shocked. He was holding his face. He was sitting on his lap. Oh my god. Jesus. Lord. Hello. Hi. Please save me from embarrassing myself. Thank you, he thought. "What do I have to do to help you understand? I'll tell you every day until you get it," Tokoyami mumbled. Shouji just stared. He was still in shock. Tokoyami suddenly became very self-aware and backed off. "Thank you," Shouji recovered. "Of course," said Tokoyami, blushing, "I think you're all patched up. You can stay here if you want." "Okay," answered Shouji. Fumikage gathered the first aid kit and brought it back to its spot, bringing back an extra blanket.

He gave it to Shouji and pulled a pillow down onto the floor for himself. "Ah! Wait! I can't kick you out of your own bed!" Shouji complained. "You're injured. You don't get to sleep on the floor. Sorry," Tokoyami answered, his back turned. He was abruptly yanked backward onto his bed. "You can just lay here with me then," said Shouji, looking literally everywhere but Tokoyami. He caved, waking up wrapped in Shouji's arms.

P.S.Tokoyami does tell him every day btw