CH 19 || Colossal Ruination On The Way

Start from the beginning

It was a black dress that could be used as a coat too that reached to my thighs only. I winded up a black Gucci leather belt around my waist that complimented my look. I plumped for a pair of black ballerinas as my hurt ankles from the party night didn't permit me to wear any heels.

After getting ready, I stared at my reflection for one last time. I looked comparatively better than the other days, that's what made me a bundle of nerves. Still, the excitement to be noticed by someone graced me with confidence. I smiled at my reflection before letting my hair open and headed out of the room. I was running out of time so I thought to grab an apple real quick but the moment my eyes laid upon Vidyut at the dining table I didn't have the heart to go there.

Vidyut wasn't in his work clothes, instead was wearing casual wear. He had bags around his eyes and I didn't even feel stressed about it.

I had turned on my heels to leave when I heard, "Aditi, breakfast?" I faced him and found him expecting me to stay.

"I am getting late." I kept my reply terse.

"You won't get late. I will drop you. But don't leave the breakfast at least." I glanced at my watch and realized I didn't have a single second to spare. Vidyut walked to me, convincing me through his words, how skipping meals was bad for my health.

"I can't," I said in reply. He put his palm over my cheek and questioned, "Are you still upset?"

His touch disgusted me. I was no saint but he wasn't either.

"No."

Vidyut eyed my lips and then at my eyes. He was to kiss me. I clutched my dress tighter and all the past humiliations aroused. I moved back and said, "I need to go. I don't wanna be late."

He seemed hurt but his expression didn't constrict my heart. I didn't feel anything.

"How about a date night?" He had asked the same the previous day and then backed out like last time. Not that I would have gone with him, but he still didn't keep his promise.

"I...I don't think so. I might have to work till late hours." Before he could suggest an alternative I hurriedly walked out of the house. I was stunned at the guts of him to be guiltless after betraying me. He hid about my father deteriorating condition and was acting as if it was normal. And after all that Louis's fiasco, there was no point we were getting back on good terms.

I reached the office on time thankfully. Rick smiled at me before I headed towards the elevator. I eyed the forbidden lift again, smiling coyishly. I had been there so I gave a smug smile to the guard who frowned at me.

It was childish of me but fun too. After covering the distance of fifty floors which were too much and hectic I finally reached. Tired, I walked out.

"Hey." Arvik was enthusiastic even at that hour whom I met near the elevator.

"Hi." I had a surly expression all because I had to travel extra.

"What's wrong?"

"Why did he choose floor fifty out of every floor, just why? It's so tiresome."I whined. It was more than exhausting. How could he expect his employees to be punctual who had offices on upper floors?

"Why don't you ask him?"

"He plays in riddles. He won't answer." Arvik chuckled before he patted my head and said, "By the way, you look gorgeous."

"Thanks," I muttered and smiled at him. The first compliment of the day and I felt great. While Arvik went in the lift I left for my cabin. Pre-emptively, I waited for Aahir to announce that he wanted me in his cabin but didn't hear him. He didn't call me.