After • Chapter 2

The hazy glance of a bay roan stallion struggled forwards as the opened arms of death curled up his dorsal stripe. The stallion's eyes were submitting to horror, pupils small and eyes colored in red from dry tears. He was bleeding out. More than five gun shots; two to the chest, one to the shoulder, and two to the hip. Blood poured from his system, the arteries gently leaking blood as it flowed out of his skin, down his body and on to the grassy terra. The stallion then, slowly fell. His knees gave in, tucking beneath him while the rest of his body crumbled beneath him, crashing to the ground to when suddenly his heart stopped. He gasped, eyes wide open, and his last words with heavy breath echoing in the by-stander's ears.
"Extinction," he whispered, and died. The bystander stood there, ears flicking and tail whipping. Her long eye lashes curled upwards, and her hazel eyes drifted down to the dead body.
"Do not stare at the dead." A larger stallion approaches, a cloak and black tattoos covering his body mysteriously.
"I pay my respects-" she replied, only to be cut off.
"You pay nothing. The only reason we live is thanks to our mutated genes." He stared down this incompetent filly now, eyes narrowed. "What you need to understand is that your destiny is to die. My destiny is to die. Everyone's destiny is to die." His words were strong, and un-stuttered. He did not move as the filly turned around.
"I hope you burn in hell. That was your son. My brother." She grit her teeth and narrowed her eyes, too. "Life is not death. Humans are death. Nature is life. We need to be respectful of our god's creations, and HEED his warning of utter destruction of the human race. The only way we survive, is to change that, so called "destiny" you speak of. Go to hell, father. Burn. I never wish to see you again." Her eyes lit a flame, and sparkled as she turned towards the moon, and set off into darkness. The stallion stood there, huffing, and keeping quiet.
"We will all die!" He yells once more into nothingness. He stomps his hoof, snorting, and leaving the death site.